Global Foodservice Sales Manager (Remote)Job ID: 7358 Save Job
Our client is a premier and vertically integrated manufacturer of sauces for the foodservice industry. It has global operations and services customers in North America, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Australia.
The mission of the Global Foodservice Sales Manager is to develop world class relationships with global customers in Asia and Latin America. This role will collaborate closely with internal teams in US as well as our client’s companies overseas. Our customer base is national and global restaurant chains. This position could be based anywhere and is remote.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Frequent and meaningful communication with all existing markets and customers: global, regional, local, to build strategic relationships.
- Drive business growth with a clear vision and precise execution.
- Manage customer requests; solve problems for internal and external stakeholders, in order to optimize customer experience and internal processes.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to diversify business and improve profitability.
- Analyze costing to determine pricing strategy.
- Provide sales forecast for internal planning purposes.
- Follow and contribute to the company’s sales process and CRM process.
- Collaborate closely with the company’s teams globally to customize a global supply solution for each existing and new customer.
- Travel globally to visit customers and partners as well as to attend industry events, etc.
- Manage early morning and evening meetings due to time difference.
- Pursue personal and professional growth proactively and continuously.
- Support the review, understanding and compliance of all programs, policies and procedures contained in the Food Safety and Quality Management System. Understand my role in food safety and regulatory responsibilities as required by the SQF Food Safety Code and report any food safety concerns to initiate appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in a business discipline; and five years or more related experience and/ or training.
- 5+ years foodservice sales experience. Custom R&D work, ingredient sales experience to manufacturers or foodservice chain accounts desired.
Skills & Abilities:
- People Skills:
Charismatic and flexible to work with and connect with a wide audience – customers, internal teams, partners, etc., from different countries, cultures and with different personalities. Able to see through the skin-deep level of what people say and do to truly understand customer/ internal team motives and business needs to define problems and solve problems effectively. Demonstrate high level of integrity and build trust with others.
Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Spanish and/or other languages a plus
- Business Acumen:
Ability to work with large and complex organizations such as Fortune 100 companies and the world’s most well-known restaurant brands, on a global level.
Capable of learning and practicing different ways of doing things. Have original ideas and want to drive continuous improvement. Understand the global market and trends in the food industry. A passion for food.
Self-starter and motivated. Take initiatives. Step up to contribute to the company’s overall success.
- Accountability & Tenacity:
Do not take no for an answer. Pursue initiatives with persistence. Reliable and responsible. Take ownership.
Able to understand and analyze data and follow through on projects and requests. Great attention to detail.
- Administrative and Operations:
Able to respond to corporate and regional directives with emphasis on company policy and directions. Able to manage work, schedule and achieve results.
- Physical Demands:
International travel (Average of 50%). Able to lift and transport supplies or products.
- Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Domestic as well as international business travel.
- Frequent hotel stays.
- Required to rent automobiles as well as taxi travel.
- Plant tours and trials which are, at times, loud, wet, and extreme caution must be used while in these locations as to prevent industrial accidents.