Sales Director – Americas (Remote)Job ID: 7397 Save Job
Our client is a well-funded start up that is pioneering new organic, and sustainable ways to improve the health of the world’s soils. Their first product uses beneficial microbes to restore the health of soil, resulting in hardier crops, higher yields for growers all while using less inputs. Their team is strong and growing, their financial prospects are bright, and they have a board made up of world class advisors who are very connected in the agriculture industry.
Professional team member and leader who is ready for a challenge that can transform the world and themselves. The role will report to the Chief Operations Officer. This position will be responsible to develop a sales organization from the ground up. They are looking for someone to create a team that fits their culture and gains the needed skill sets to effectively work with the regenerative farming community.
- Develop a sales program (sales team, partners, distribution channels) that will help drive new customer adoption and increased revenues
- Design options for future sales organization structure, develop job descriptions, and initiate hiring process as needed to support our business goals. Support the development of short-, medium- and long-term strategy with the CEO/COO.
- Develop sales strategy, playbook, systems and metrics in order to meet our revenue targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offering and how our product is differentiated from our competitors
- Work onsite with farmers as they prep our product, brew tea, take soil samples, and apply to their fields as necessary to ensure that our field trials are as successful as possible
- Travel and meet with existing and potential customers to understand, size and document the opportunity at hand, highlight any special needs or issues to be resolved with said customer, and follow up as needed to maintain/grow the relationship
- Help develop sales collateral for trade shows, industry presentations, farmer interactions, etc.
- Develop competitive intelligence on current/new competition and synthesize into report to share with Company’s team
- Look for additional sales opportunities and trials
Responsibilities And Duties:
- Experience with regenerative farming methodologies highly desired
- Knowledge of soil health and soil microbiology highly desired
- Experience developing sales teams in the agricultural environment
- 10-15 years minimum leading a sales organization
- Management experience using systems and metrics to drive performance and accountability.
- B.S. in technical degree, agronomic scientific discipline preferred but not required equivalent
- Extensive travel and some overnight travels are required
- Excellent verbal, writing, communication and people skills
- Expected Travel: 25% – 50%