General Manager – ProductionJob ID: 7364 Save Job
Our client is a proud Mexican Family business, dedicated to the development of Agricultural crops and the marketing of their respective products, as well as raising equine cattle. Our clients’ journey started in 1987 with cultivation of beans and later grains and vegetables. Potatoes, broccoli and strawberries were incorporated as well; until they started commercial relationship with another well-known company in the industry, with whom they produce export quality berries.
After 2007 these crops were expanded by adding blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and finally asparagus in 2016. Our client now has presence in 5 states, production in Veracruz and Sonora, and corporate offices in Tanguancícuaro, Michoacán. Currently, decent jobs are generated providing shelter, food, and transportation to a large number of producers, with housing facilities in 3 states of the country.
The Purpose of the Job:
- To guarantee the execution of the production strategy of the company, according to the annual objectives.
- To ensure the optimal execution of production according to the company goals.
- Provide continuous improvement and develop operational leaders.
- To develop a structural platform of production per areas & team development.
- To plan according to the production’s budget and annual goals of the company.
- Alignment of operational areas & vision follow up.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strategic production analysis & resolution.
- Vision understanding & quick execution.
- 5 years + in agricultural business.
- 200 hectares min. of previous operation/production experience.
- Intensive crop management.
- Previous Directive experience.
- Family business experience is a plus.
- Capable of managing 150 producers in several teams.
- Resilient & oriented toward goals.
- Willing to coach & actively listen to the group leaders.
- Adaptable to a growth environment.
- Capable to manage operational crisis.
- Continuous improvement seeker.