Plant ManagerJob ID: 7389 Save Job
We have been retained to by a global leader in high speed and high-density connection systems who solves system design challenges with integrated interconnect solutions for application in networking, communications, data storage, and computer server markets. This global leader currently seeks a Plant Manager to lead a brownfield start-up in Guadalajara, Mexico to manufacture bulk cable for high-speed IO products. This will be a highly automated plant with core wire extrusion, wrapping, cabling, and jacketing.
Reporting to the High-Speed IO Cable Director of Operations based in the USA, the Plant Manager’s role is to provide leadership and management of a multi-function team in the areas of safety, quality, schedule and cost performance over the complete operations. The Plant Manager is accountable for the successful start-up and meeting and improving the business P&L. Driving a culture of continuous improvement in all facets of the operation is necessary for success.
- In charge of launching a brownfield operation which will include:
- Travel to existing manufacturing sites in Connecticut, USA and Shanghai, China for in depth training.
- Hiring a leadership team and development of all team members including local management team reporting to the plant manager.
- Installation and startup of all equipment
- Establish existing supply chains to a new location and develop new sources to localize material sources.
- Partners with Global Management Team to set production goals and objectives that align with the needs of the Customer and BU targets.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently by monitoring the supply chain for the production center from raw materials to shipping and invoicing.
- Efficiently communicate and manage in a matrix environment across Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Engineering
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met.
- Determining and implementing world class quality control mindset and standards.
- Accountable for the business P&L, meeting and improving financial margins.
- Provides leadership and talent development to managers staff including establishing objectives, setting goals, and managing accountability for attaining deliverables.
- Manages production operation expenses and budgets for the production center, including direct and indirect manufacturing expenses and capital expenses.
- Partner with human resources area to manage salary/hourly manpower, training, and development.
- Previous solid experience as a Plant Manager preferably in a high-volume automated manufacturing environment. Must have at least 10 to 20 years’ experience in overall manufacturing.
- Ideal candidate will have a background interconnect solutions like cables, harnesses, or connectors. However, will consider candidates with electrical or electronics experience.
- Experience with budget elaboration and control is required and at least partial P&L experience.
- Strong background in lean and continuous improvement methodologies.
- A technical engineering background is highly preferred.
- Manufacturing brownfield or greenfield plant start-up experience is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of the Guadalajara market is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of quality and production planning / scheduling.
- Excellent leader with solid management skills. Solid history of hiring, mentoring, training and developing high performing teams.
- Resourceful problem solver who is able to anticipate and execute in a demanding environment.
- Results-oriented with effective communication and influencing skills.
- Bilingual. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- MSOffice, ERP user.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business, operations, supply chain or similar. Master’s degree a plus.