Global Manufacturing Engineer ManagerJob ID: 7465 Save Job
Our client is a major diversified global leader in manufacturing of engineering solutions with annual revenue of nearly $8 billion. Solutions and services are offered across five segments supplying the oil & gas and energy production industries. Due to growth in their demand, our firm has been engaged in searching for a Global Manufacturing Engineering Manager to be located in Houston, TX to help their organization continue their Industry 4.0 journey.
This role will report to the Director of Global Manufacturing Strategy for its division, and will partner with Plant Management at multiple sites, leading the manufacturing engineering teams (including 7 Manufacturing Engineering managers through indirect matrix reporting) around the world and will develop, administer and coordinate manufacturing engineering policies, practices and programs designed to increase plant productivity, execution accuracy, and overall process harmonization of the business. Through these efforts, improve production and optimize the utilization of equipment, labor and materials. Lead Industry 4.0 initiatives as part of the digital transformation strategy.
- Define decision-making process for Global Manufacturing Engineering (ME) project teams.
- Coach project team personnel to develop and implement cross-functional solutions to complex issues at each site, capturing best in class solutions.
- Draft monthly reports highlighting activities across the global ME teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate progress to executive management as requested.
- Define a cohesive set of metrics around manufacturing productivity and efficiency for each site annually.
- Lead the creation of annual site-specific roadmaps leading them to world class performance through technology improvements and process harmonization and standardization.
- Lead the organization towards proper process development activities at each of the sites.
- Develop and manage ME specific project budgets with the teams including only ME related improvement projects.
- Own complete oversight of all capital projects and raise capital projects as they meet the strategic objectives and business continuity needs.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced team members as needed.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting investigative programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; confer with equipment vendors, etc.; solicit observations from global ME teams.
- Provide support and leadership deploying engineering initiatives of our Industry 4.0 strategy.
- Identify next generation opportunities within the market and relevant technology for manufacturing and inspection processes and propose plans to exploit them.
- This position can be based out of our Pearland, TX or Jeffersonville, IN locations.
- Will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Design or related field with extensive experience in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
- Will at least have 10 years of experience working with precision engineering and machining in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Engineering to Order manufacturing industry experience is required.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a manufacturing engineering function and experience managing and developing engineering personnel is required.
- Experience with CNC programming and CAD/CAM software is required.
- Excellent project management skills a must.
- Strong influence leadership skills essential.
- Proactive and effective leadership and management skills a must.
- Strong ability to translate strategic vision into tactical results essential.
- Ability to encourage and facilitate change through working knowledge and application of lean tools and techniques within a lean manufacturing environment a must.
- Experience with Industry 4.0 strongly preferred.
- Servant leadership style and strong collaboration skills essential.
- Ability to travel to various global manufacturing sites up to 20% of the time required.