Food & Safety Quality ManagerJob ID: 7516 Save Job
Our client, a well-established wholesale food organization establishment is seeking to hire an experienced Food & Safety Quality Manager for their location site in Maryland. This well-established organization is known for maintaining the highest quality of products for their customers by using the latest technology and traditional techniques making them unique in every way through their quality of ingredients, free of chemicals and preservatives, while presenting freshly made products delivered each day. Skillful leader of fresh food products, serving high end restaurants, Major hotels, well known established catering companies and more, with over 20 yrs. Of success delivering quality service with exceptional quality products.
The Food & Safety Quality Manager will be reporting to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for establishing a strategic direction and provide for the development and implementation of all corporate Food Safety and Quality initiatives. Will manage and drive the efforts for HACCP plans, Food Safety, Quality, and environmental practices.
- Direct Quality Assurance Food Safety to ensuring timely closure of audit items.
- Maintain production and receiving records.
- Monitor, enforce and further develop plant HACCP program.
- Evaluation of the production crew performance in the Quality and Food Safety Controls
- Will be responsible for Customer complaint monitoring and taking corrective action measures.
- Maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process product and packaging.
- Suggests and implement changes on working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of department, or work crew.
- Analyzes troubleshoots while assisting plant manager in solving food safety/quality related work issues.
- Developing and maintaining the SQF procedures and work instruction flow.
- Provide leadership to personnel in food Quality & safety in order to maintain a world class quality and food safety culture.
- Develop and lead implementation of all food Quality & safety integration activities and facility quality processes.
- Confirm 3rd party audit compliance, ongoing improvement with cross functional communication.
- Provide guidance to facility operations team to prevent or resolve critical food safety hygiene challenges.
- Ensure food safety and quality assurance is incorporated into all production processes, plans, and policies.
- Serve as corporate recall coordinator, providing overall direction for a robust track and trace / recall plan.
- Establish systems measured by quantifiable metrics to ensure compliance with FSMA required standards.
- Implement an ongoing system of internal auditing for food safety compliance and resource management.
- Represent the company with government agencies, ingredient suppliers and customers.
- Must be willing to work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Food Engineering, Food Science, Biology, or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in implementation of food safety and quality programs
- Food manufacturing experience
- Experience in cleaning and sanitation programs
- At least 5 years of management experience specifically in Quality and Food Safety
- SQF Certification
- Auditing and compliance experience
- Basic application of SAP experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Food Manufacturing and Sanitation management
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) is highly preferred.