Operations ManagerJob ID: 7274 Save Job
We have been retained to by our client, a global leader in network solutions. This global leader currently seeks an Operations Manager for a specialty Business Unit with 450 employees to provide leadership and management of a multi-function team in the areas of safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. Directly supervises Production and Equipment Automation Management. The Operations Manager is accountable for meeting and improving the business P&L. Driving a culture of continuous improvement in all facets of the operation is necessary for success. The position reports to the Plant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with Global Management Team to set production center goals and objectives that align with the needs of the Customer and BU targets.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently by monitoring the process adherence of the production floor.
- Efficiently communicate and manage in a matrix environment across Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Maintenance and Engineering.
- Determining and implementing world class quality control mindset and standards.
- Facilitate effective and actionable Gemba walks utilizing KPIs to meet performance objectives and drive continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership to staff including establishing objectives, setting goals, and managing accountability for attaining deliverables.
- Manages production operation and maintenance expenses and budgets for the production center, including direct and indirect manufacturing expenses and capital expenses.
- Partner with human resources area to manage salary/hourly manpower, training, and development.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met.
- Requires University Degree in Engineering. Highly prefer Electronic / Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics / Robotics, Industrial Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, or solid technical experience.
- Prefer Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management with a progressive track record of success. Experience as Operations Manager, or Business Unit Manager / Value Stream Manager is required. Will also consider a Sr. Production Manager who is ready for a promotion to higher level responsibility.
- Mexico Manufacturing experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience required.
- Proven experience delivering on KPI targets.
- 3+ years’ experience leading Machine Maintenance / automation department is a must.
- Successful TPM implementation as a must
- Electronic industry related or networking solutions but very open to other high volume and high precision businesses in other sectors.
- Direct customer relations experience (customers in North America, Europe, and Asia).
- Know-how and experience managing high volume manufacturing. Familiar with high mix & low mix volume businesses a plus.
- P&L knowledge or understanding.
- SMT / PCBA preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Quality mindset oriented
- High level of ownership
- Excellent leadership skills. Self-starter. Empathetic and fair leader. Consensus builder.
- Fast paced, results oriented and high energy.
- Good influencing skills with ability to provide “push-back.”
- Good follow-up skills
- Solid Organization skills
- Works well under tight deadlines and handles stress well.
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity.