VP of OperationsJob ID: 7373 Save Job
Our client is a power quality global leader, known specifically for the fields of magnetics, durable power conditioning, distribution units for demanding applications, and high-efficiency transformer designs. They make reactors and filters to obtain high quality energy. Our client proudly brings a continuum of power quality solutions unmatched in the industry.
Reporting to the President, the VP of Operations is a leadership position responsible for leading the operations to meet the revenue and profit goals as well as the long-term strategic plan. This includes the responsibility for manufacturing, strategic sourcing, supply chain, logistics, inventory & warehousing, quality, and delivery to customers. The VP of Operations will identify opportunities to optimize our footprint, drive lean methodologies, and improve our culture to better serve our customers.
Key responsibilities and experience:
- Drive the operational performance of the business with a thorough understanding of the company’s strategy, values, and objectives
- Drive the development of processes to efficiently support sales and profit growth and better serve customers
- Partner with peers and the president to develop the Annual Operating Plan, the Strategic Plan and execute plans to meet or exceed our commitment
- Lead and oversee company operations globally including manufacturing, supply chain, commodity management/strategic sourcing, logistics, distribution/warehouse, and quality. This position supervises 2 Plant Managers in Mexico, a Corporate Quality Manager, and Director of Supply Chain.
- Define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes to meet short- and long-term objectives
- Drive the sales, inventory, and operations process (SIOP) to establish forecasts, gain buy in and commitment to the forecast, and ensure the business meets the committed forecast
- Proactively identify obstacles to achievement of the forecast and drive corrective measures
- Prepare and manage operations annual budget based on the sales forecast
- Utilize Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) to establish goals and drive performance
- Create a team environment with peers, proactively communicate, and resolve issues in a collaborative positive manner
- Drive Lean methodologies and mindset throughout operations. Empower employees to solve problems as close to the source as possible
- Participate in cross functional management meetings including Monthly Operating Reviews (MOR), Product Performance Meetings, New Product Reviews, etc.
- Ensuring that we remain compliant and adhere to health and safety regulations as outlined by the company’s safety manager
- Provide leadership to the plant managers, supply chain director and quality manager
- Improve performance through coaching, training, and implementing new tools and processes
- Ensure consistency in personnel policy administration across the departments and sites
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- BSEE or equivalent experience
- MBA with operations emphasis is desirable
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience with 5 years running all operational functions including manufacturing, supply chain, commodity management/strategic sourcing, logistics and warehousing, and quality with over $90M in annual sales. Ideally wil have experience as a VP of Operations or Director of Operations overseeing multi-sites but will consider a Director of Operations or General Manager overseeing 1 large manufacturing plant.
- Experience managing international manufacturing (ie. Mexico operations).
- Demonstrated experience in Lean methodologies and driving continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing a budget, and meeting forecasts. P&L knowledge and good business acumen.
- Demonstrated high level strategic ability yet also able to dig into any level of detail required to understand issues and drive solutions i.e. Not afraid to “role up your sleeves.” Ideal candidate will have a fine mix of strategic and tactical experience.
- Experience in acquisition integration and moving manufacturing sites is preferred.
- ERP understanding and supply chain knowledge.. CPIM a plus.
- Strong communications skills and influential management.
- Ableto make high level presentations to Senior Executive leaders.
- Consensus builder with excellent leadership skills.
- A GEMBA Manager is ideal.
- Position will be based in Mexicali, Mexico
- Able to travel up to 20% of time.