Sr Software Developer (Remote)Job ID: 7462 Save Job
Our client is a leading manufacturer and tier 2 automotive supplier of interior trim products. They are a successful, privately owned company with approximately 4,500 employees located in 8 locations in the U.S. and Mexico. Our client is projected to double in size to a USD$500 million-plus revenue business with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our client is currently hiring a Senior Software Developer to be responsible for helping the business to support existing and new software applications required for the daily business operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintain Software Development Environment
- Develop new software and maintain existing to support business operation.
- Identify test servers, databases, and users for all applications.
- Use the approved Source Code Change Control system for all versions installed into the production environment.
- Manage application resources and work with Systems Engineers, Network Engineers and DBA to ensure optimal performance.
- Setup error logging for the application.
- Provide regular updates on open issues.
- Document application access, configuration, and usage.
- Document DR procedures for the application.
Application Configuration and Installation
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure sufficient resources are available for the application.
- Perform installation and configuration of the application.
- Evaluate the application to confirm the requirements have been met.
- Work with users to schedule application upgrades.
Application Maintenance and Support
- Enforce the principle of least privilege for user Access.
- Monitor application performance and work with the IT department on performance issues.
- Work with Systems Engineering to ensure the infrastructure is maintained.
- Work with the DBA to ensure the database is maintained.
- Respond to critical application issues in a timely manner to restore functionality.
- Update the knowledgebase with solutions to reoccurring issues.
- Train other IT team members on the usage and support of the application.
- Bachelor’s degree in computers science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience developing software applications / software developer.
- Experience working with C#, SQL Server Databases, .Net environment, Web Development and MS Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software
- ERP familiarity is a plus.
- Manufacturing exposure is a plus but not required.
- Ability to focus and work on multiple projects. Multi-tasking skills.
- Quick problem solver.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, open to new ideas, with a positive attitude, strong execution and customer service oriented.
- Proficiency in English (75%+ written and spoken) and Spanish.
- Able to travel up to 15%.
- This position is open to work REMOTE (i.e., home office and remote). Open to go into the Mexico manufacturing sites (Leon, Guanajuato, San Luis Potosi, Monclova, and Ciudad Obregon) up to 10% or 15% of time, as needed.