Sr Cost AccountantJob ID: 7459 Save Job
Our client is a world leader in innovative design and in the development and quality manufacturing of unique Instruments that service the Semiconductor, Industrial Technologies, Life & Health sciences, research and Defense industries.
The role of Senior Cost Accountant will assist the Controller in all activities related to cost accounting, month end close, budgeting and forecasting, FP&A and special projects including rolling standards, analyzing variances, and assisting the operations team to help them control costs and improve profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, relevant variance analysis to sales & operations to drive committed results.
- Prepare monthly margin analysis and variance reports (product, customer, and product group) and provide insight to business partners regarding product line and customer profitability.
- Develop and maintain the standard cost system (including the updating of rates and throughputs).
- Initiate and support growth and profitability projects related to existing and new business.
- Assist with product pricing process.
- Maintain KPI’s to track progress to established sales and operating targets.
- Support and validate results for all productivity projects.
- Assist with sales forecast and SIOP planning.
- Calculate price updates on monthly and quarterly escalator/de-escalator contracts.
- Standard cost absorption testing.
- Financial reporting and recommendations.
- Capital asset tracking and summarization.
- Other analytical support as assigned.
- SOX regulations compliance
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement to management.
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization and in particular, your area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the processes are delivering their intended outputs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in accounting.
- 5+ Years direct experience as Senior Cost Accountant in a manufacturing operation.
- Strong FP&A experience
- ERP experience (ORACLE, SAP)
- Risk management experience.
- High level of skill using Excel pivot tables to manipulate data and provide useful analysis.
- Detail orientated; data driven.
- Assertive bilingual communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, well organized ability to meet deadlines.
- Hands-on personality