Regional Manager – East CoastJob ID: 7390 Save Job
Our client is a vertically integrated global player in the produce industry. They are amongst the industry leaders in their product categories. They have retained our firm to find their Sales and Business Development leader for their fast-growing operations in the Eastern region of the United States.
This position will be the East Coast Sales Manager for the Domestic Sales Department of a multinational company. Its responsibilities include developing/maintaining the business of the company products, by selling fresh fruits distributed within the Eastern US and Canadian markets, as well as helping oversee all other aspects of the East Coast operations. Today, this business unit is in an early stage of development and needs someone to lead a growth process through the development of customers, products, and suppliers. The candidate will be ultimately responsible for the business unit results.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for business unit results.
- Development of the Sales Strategy for this business unit. Sales budget and supply strategy that support this budget.
- Work with the Domestic Sales Department in selling fresh fruits within the Eastern US and Canadian markets with particular focus on grapes, apples, cherries, kiwis and citrus.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Identify and strategically pursue opportunities based on industry trends.
- Design, create, and implement programs with retailers which result in business growth.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Coordinate sales efforts with management, marketing, accounting, operations and logistics to ensure optimal customer service and support.
- Ensure to be coordinated with the Operation and Quality Control team.
- Keep suppliers (Growers and Exporters) informed about market situation, sales plans, actual sales and final returns.
- Development of an expense budget. Ensure the correct use of resources based on what was planned.
- Analyze the performance of the services provided to the area (cool storage, QC inspectors, contractors, transportation and others) in order to have a proper development of the businesses.
- Travel to attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and meetings with prospective and existing customers, and exporters.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as required or assigned.
Technical skills, Education, and knowledge:
- B.S., Preferred Agriculture, Business or Marketing
- Min 8-10 years of experience in similar positions (Leading sales department in the produce/food industry.)
- Proven cases of growth in previous positions.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Famous at an intermediate level
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license
Experience & Skills:
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and detail oriented.
- Strong work ethic and ownership mentality.
- Highly autonomous, initiative-taking and initiative-taking.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to cooperate successfully as a team member in a fast-paced demanding stressful environment.
- Flexible, with the ability to multitask in a demanding, stressful environment.
- Preference to work in a multicultural environment.
- Able to establish long term business relations with customers and suppliers.