Senior AccountantJob ID: 7451 Save Job
Our client is a Privately held novelty candy and baking goods company, designing, developing, manufacturing, importing and distributing novelty candy and gift products from all over the world to big box and discount retailers.
Our client currently seeks a hands-on Senior Accountant to perform general accounting duties for both its USA and Mexico legal entities including accounting, regulatory Mexico based taxes, Mexico based payroll taxes, and monthly reporting. The position reports to the Accounting Manager. This position is based in Otay Mesa, CA. May consider a Senior Accountant based out of the new Rosarito, Mexico plant.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in all day-to-day general accounting for U.S. operations (focused on month end close routines, analysis, reconciliations, and Journal Entry preparation); and serve as the primary accountant for Mexico based manufacturing and a new start-up plant.
- Month-end close process and financial reporting.
- Maintains records on bookkeeping, disbursements, expenses, and taxes. Performs journal entries to General Ledger.
- Account reconciliations.
- Intercompany accounting, as needed.
- Assists with Mexico tax accounting and compliance including IMSS, Infonavit, Comercio Exterior (Customs) etc. Deals with external accounting firm which supports with Mexico tax accounting and tax filings.
- Prepares reports to government agencies, prepares employees severance pay and conducts fund transfers.
- Reviews Intercompany Transfer pricing, VAT, and invoicing of parent company.
- Local accounts payable.
- Weekly Mexico pre-payroll review.
- Fixed asset control.
- Forecasting and budgeting support and analysis versus actual.
- May provide reports tracking KPI’s.
- Calculates commissions.
- Performs translations from Pesos to USD in all accounting reports.
- Support for operations, special projects, and others.
- Support on all legal aspects for plant operation on Mexico Federal, State and Municipal requirements (i.e., SAT, COFEPRIS, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3 years’ experience in full cycle general accounting with some experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with USGAAP accounting and Mexico general accounting.
- Some knowledge of Mexico Tax, including IMSS and Infonavit.
- Compliance on Mexico legal aspects (Federal, State and Municipal) is preferred.
- Must have experience with general ledger, journal entries, Account reconciliations, Accounts payable, Pre-Payroll, Bank reconciliations.
- Financial reporting and monthly close.
- Familiarized with VAT procedures and returns.
- Plant Start-up experience is preferred.
- Familiar with IMMEX / Maquiladora program is preferred.
- Advanced level in MS Excel.
- Must be familiar working with accounting and ERP software, ideally MS Dynamics Navision / Business Central.
- High energy, self-starter who thrives in fast paced environment and has a high capacity for analysis and attention to detail.
- Must have strong execution and multi-tasking skills. Solid communication skills required.
- Proficient in English (75%+) and proficient in Spanish (75%+).
- Able to travel to Rosarito, Mexico and Tecate, Mexico a couple times per week, as needed.