Associate Director of QualityJob ID: 7356 Save Job
Our client is looking for an Associate Director, Quality Assurance for the composites manufacturing facility in Riverside, CA. Our client is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Our client has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles — the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Their nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, their innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And they are not stopping there: our client is working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, their Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, they are pushing the limits of innovation.
The Associate Director of Quality reports to the General Manager and ensures the quality of their products and processes is compliant with internal and regulatory standards and is continuously improving. This position develops and implements program quality plans and procedures.
- Research and implement new inspection methodologies to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the inspection process.
- Support career development and growth for direct and indirect employees to ensure proper succession within the organization.
- Partner with other Aerostructures division Quality Leaders to align inspection and build philosophies on supplied components.
- Owns the establishment and execution of short- to medium-term operational plans.
- Solves complex, technical problems requiring investigation & analysis.
- Influences others to accept practices and approaches.
- Communicates with stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Develops plans, guidelines, policies and processes, to ensure the achievement of quality targets.
- Drives quality improvement processes to ensure on-going reductions in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and escapes.
- Directs collection and analysis of quality information from multiple sources to develop long-term quality strategy and programs.
- Directs production process analyses, ensuring quality standards are met and making recommendations for quality improvement.
- Serves as a key partner for Manufacturing Engineering in the deployment of APQP tools for NPI.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Or an advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience.
- Or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials & Planning, or other relevant discipline. Experience as a Director of Quality or Senior Quality Manager or similar is ideal.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated success working in a multi-functional team environment.
- Proven experience in root cause analysis and mistake proofing.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate high performing teams.
- Extraordinary communication and organization skills to lead diverse partner relationships.
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and teams simultaneously.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or US Person.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Certified in Six Sigma or Shainin RedX Problem Solving.
- Experience in automotive or aerospace manufacturing.
- Experience in APQP & PPAP.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.