Marketing and Business Development ExecutiveJob ID: 7312 Save Job
Our client is a Mission Driven organization focused on consistently achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective and environmentally responsible manner. They are a vertically integrated Food Processing company and World Leader in its ingredient category.
- Understand our marketplace, its drivers, and economics: Customers, suppliers, products, processes, and competitors.
- Establish and Develop Partnerships (internal/external): Develop productive relationships with all sales, customer service, and senior colleagues.
- Design and Develop Commercial Strategies (tactical and long term) to advance the operational and financial performance of our enterprise.
- Implement these strategies by becoming a key energizing and liberating force that motivates and guides other colleagues.
With a rather high market share in our current business, we have the challenge of expanding our market in this environment and moving into new markets.
- How do we negotiate our current market in this environment?
- What is the smartest strategy to diversify into new markets by leveraging our current unique capabilities?
All strategies and their respective implementation must be in line with our philosophy of perfect customer satisfaction which, by necessity, involves our culture, production process, and execution.
- Understand the global market for our products & services: production economics, demand, supply, inventory, and pricing.
- Global competitor evaluations
- Complete understanding of our:
- Production processes, capabilities, and economics.
- Supply chains.
- Sales processes: sales, ordering, shipping, customer services, invoicing, etc.
- Organizational structure.
- Strategic businesses, partnerships, relationships, and contracts.
- Develop new products and solutions that take advantage of our core capabilities.
- Generate market intelligence to communicate with other relevant colleagues.
- Define the marketing and sales strategies for relevant business units.
- Provide training, materials, processes, and structure to implement and monitor strategies.
- Long-term contract negotiation and pricing with sales colleagues
- Analysis and recommendation for market pricing
- Monitor customer satisfaction.
- Determine the number of colleagues desired to accomplish goals (sales, brokers, customer service, etc)
- Report and review on all relevant KPIs and market data:
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Customer strategy and Data Base status.
- Sales metrics.
- Financial performance per business unit.
- Participate on the Ag Supply Chain Council & Food Processing Council.
- Maintain and advance the Company’s brand, values, and reputation.
- Represent the company at industry events to develop new business opportunities and enhance relationships.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Values: Passion, Integrity, Humility, Strong Work Ethic, Curiosity.
- High level of Emotional Intelligence & Influencing Skills.
- Self-directed and highly accountable.
- Strong data and market analysis.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- 5+ years of senior and/or executive management. experience within the Food & Ag industry.
- Solid experience collaborating in a mid-size organization ($250 million – $2 billion) with a track record of driving profitable growth.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide team to reach performance goals.
- Advanced degree in relative disciplines is desirable, however character and competency will trump formal education.