Sr. Maintenance and Facilities SupervisorJob ID: 7208 Save Job
Our client is a consumer electronic products manufacturer in San Diego seeking for an experienced Maintenance and Facilities Supervisor responsible for coordinating and directing the design, planning, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, and facility of a manufacturing operation. This person will manage the necessary functions required to support the business with existing and new objectives associated with facilities, general maintenance, and real estate and property (owned and/or leased). Provide effective leadership management for responsible areas and personnel to ensure success of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate building space allocation and layout.
- Installs, moves, repairs, and removes equipment and utilities within the building.
- Plans, budgets and schedules building and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, maintenance and repair of building and equipment, etc.
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Responsible for hazardous waste storage and disposal program. Maintains chemical labeling program and records of chemical usage on production floor.
- Maintains up to date records for all state, federal, and insurance semi-annual and annual inspections.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors and coaches a qualified, motivated staff and establishes a positive climate and ensures optimal utilization of personnel in a team environment.
- Establishes and maintains procedures used in property acquisition and management.
- Supervises the leasing and management of all owned real properties. Supervises the administrative management of corporate-owned or-leased properties.
- Locates and negotiates sites for purchase or lease of facilities.
- Ensures proper documentation of lease or purchase transactions.
- Establishes rental rates and leasing policies. May include accountability for furnishings and/or equipment.
- Supports the acquisition or divestiture of real estate for office or manufacturing facilities.
- Works closely with and/or provides advice and counsel to company and/or vendor representatives coordinating major facility constructions or modifications or leasing and real estate activities.
- Supervises employees or outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings, and equipment via one or more of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, air-conditioning, heating, painting, and/or general maintenance.
- Sets priorities and performs forecasting and allocates the resources needed to complete all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Expected to schedule and manage projects associated with initiatives to include planning, execution and financial budgeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and have at least five years’ experience in factory/plant maintenance preferably in a high technology, manufacturing environment. Facilities project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of local building codes and OSHA regulations, familiarity with all current health and safety regulations, and experience with the compliance of all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and AutoCAD software.
- Must possess excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational/planning skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong conflict resolution, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial and project planning experience.