Senior Manager Reliability EngineerJob ID: 7327 Save Job
Our client is a high growth medical device start-up company that is revolutionizing the industry with a first-of-its-kind technology. Company recently went public and is growing in double and triple digits.
The Senior Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability of the device(s) and their associated components in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We strive for continuous improvement and look for solutions to complex problems. The Sr. Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the reliability engineering and other cross-functional teams to meet business objectives. The individual should possess thorough domain knowledge on reliability testing (such as HALT, ALT, robustness testing, chemical compatibility testing, shock/vibration, and more). Areas of responsibility include identifying failure trends, testing, and resolving product reliability and risk issues that could adversely affect the device performance and customer experience. The ideal candidate should have a very hands-on attitude and has the flexibility to adapt in an ever-changing environment. The Sr. Reliability engineering manager will work closely with the Field Service and Commercial teams to monitor product performance and communicate to the customer sites.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize DfR best practices to meet our reliability goals and targets.
- Work with the teams and leaders to create a Reliability improvement program plan.
- Continuously monitor and trend failures in the field, MFG and in-house to derive projects to meet the short and long-term reliability goals of the organization.
- Analyze raw data to derive conclusions, and drive projects to improve overall product performance.
- Develop SOPs to implement reliability program as part of the Product Development process.
- Participate in the development of design and verification testing and implementation plans. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria for components and subsystems.
- Develop Reliability models to predict EOL failures and recommend preventative actions.
- Oversee the reliability engineering team to:
- Generate top failures and kick off investigations as needed.
- Lead cross functional meetings to deep dive into issues and brainstorm next steps.
- Use best practices and tools to confirm and reject root cause hypotheses (FMEA, fishbone, fault tree, DOE, etc.).
- Recommend corrective actions and mobilize the team to implement the corrections.
- Through testing and/or field analysis, demonstrate reliability improvement of the implemented corrections.
- Create and provide presentations to leaders on top issues and progress on ongoing tests and investigations.
- Train and guide other engineers and cross-functional teams on reliability engineering statistics and methodology.
- Support manufacturing and supplier quality group with SPC, QC procedures, burn-in and HASS to improve the quality of OEM parts.
- Be an ambassador for reliability engineering on cross-functional projects.
- Develop communication strategies and approaches to communicate data, insights, and critical messages resulting in clear understanding to both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Material, Reliability Engineering, or other related engineering disciplines.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in reliability engineering or in product development with focus on product performance improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in people and project management.
- Strong project management skills required. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of reliability statistics (Weibull modelling, PDFs, CDFs, hazard rate functions, conditional reliability, confidence bounds, sample size determination, etc.).
- Experience using reliability modelling software (Reliasoft, Minitab, and/or JMP).
- Experience designing and executing reliability tests (ALT, shock/vibe, HALT, etc.).
- Experience overseeing external testing at suppliers.
- Experience leading technical root cause investigations.
- Experience working on cross functional product development teams.
- Experience providing clear and actionable presentations to leadership.
- Must be an effective communicator.