Production ManagerJob ID: 7378 Save Job
Our client is a global European company with a hot dip galvanizing plant in Tecate, Mexico serving structural steel projects and steel fabricators, solar, and automotive customers, among others. Our client seeks a production manager to lead them in their next growth phase. This production manager must be able to grow into a Plant Manger within the next year.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Production Manager is responsible for leading and motivating shift production supervisors to meet production output targets in a timely manner.
- Sets-up the right organization and priorities in conjunction with the Interim Plant Manager.
- Work closely together with the Interim Plant Manager, to raise volumes and to improve Quality in the plant.
- Communicates with the customers, solves problems, and implements corrective actions.
- Create and control budget and work according to budgets.
- Work close with quality to meet quality standards and to establish a sustainable quality outcome.
- Elaborate ways to improve the plant performance continuously.
- Set-up KPI’s, set targets and measure performance.
- Promote a winning culture and a performance management culture based on KPI’s.
- Previous successful experience as a Production Manager or similar in a manufacturing environment in Mexico. A strong production operations background is required. Familiarity with planning.
- Knowledge of materials management, purchasing, supply chain, quality, maintenance and process engineering is desirable.
- Has the tenacity, leadership and results orientation to be able to grow to a plant manager in 6 to 12 months.
- Experience in Galvanizing would be a bonus. Automotive manufacturing background a plus.
- Experience in Steel treatment is desired.
- Understands standard costs and has experience with budgets (i.e., budget control).
- Leader with fairness who collaborates with and who is willing to work with people.
- Able to develop leaders and people.
- Structured and methodical attitude.
- Hands on mentality.
- Fast learner.
- Acts as a change agent (willing to change things) and keeps things moving forward (motivated and disciplined).
- Chemical or Industrial Engineering degree or similar is preferred.
- English proficiency. Fluent in Spanish.