BU General ManagerJob ID: 7409 Save Job
We have been retained by a major aerospace manufacturer and supplier with a global footprint to find its next Business Unit General Manager to lead a large business unit with over 1000 employees at the Tijuana Campus site through an operational turnaround and cultural transformation converting the business unit into a world class operation and preparing it for its next growth stage.
The BU General Manager is responsible for optimizing and managing the financial performance as well as ensuring production quality and on time delivery goals are met. The BU General Manager will develop the business units long and short term goals and align them with the Company’s goals and direct and coordinate the management team in achieving those goals. The BU General Manager shall embody the Company’s core values and promote these values throughout their operation. The position is responsible for a large business unit (not the entire campus) and reports to the EVP, Operations for the division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the level of satisfaction is appropriate through the compliance of the delivery achievement with the quality levels required to adequately meet the customer’s requirement and satisfaction.
- Ensure the compliance levels of profitability required through periodically reviewing with finance the costs generated in each of the processes to analyze the information and make the necessary adjustments and achieve management of the company resources.
- Personnel development ensuring that there are adequate security conditions as well as the development skills of the company’s personnel to have a workforce that allows stability and growth in the company.
- Ensure the continuous improvement by establishing and implementing process based on lean and six sigma methodology to improve the customer satisfaction and the operation.
- Forecast levels of operation by establishing a budget to define the proper management of the resources.
- Ensure the compliance on the cash flow objectives controlling inventory levels and accounts receivable to have adequate levels for the company’s requirements.
- Train the team by developing their personal skills and competencies, as well as their technical knowledge. Give them the necessary skills for the decision making and the ability to respond to the various situations that arise in the different processes of the organization and can efficiently perform each of their functions.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget, reviewing together with the staff the annual plan and long-term goals to determine its requirements to have the necessary resources in a timely manner.
- Perform the other functions inherent to the position according to the needs of the company to meet the established goals of the organization.
- Comply with safety, hygiene and environment programs and policies, with a preventive and training approach that allows preventing accidents and occupational diseases, improving working conditions, and reducing environmental impacts.
- Participate in SAP implementation planned. Current ERP systems are undergoing a transformation and are a challenge.
- As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
- Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Focus in Business Administration or Engineering preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years of management experience. At least 5 to 7 years in a similar position like Business Unit Director / Sr. Business Unit Manager, Director of Operations Plant Manager or similar in a large operation (700+ headcount).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required with solid background in operations. Maquiladora experience in Mexico preferred. Experience in Aerospace is a plus or a highly regulated industry. Low volume and high mix experience highly preferred.
- Successful experience with leading operational turnarounds and cultural transformations.
- Sound knowledge of materials and planning as well as experience with robust quality systems.
- Solid understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement
- Solid background with Process Improvement.
- Experience with budget elaboration and P&L. Solid business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs, ERP. SAP a plus.
Other Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills. A situational leader capable of being authoritative when needed. Assertive, decisive and demanding yet empathetic. Holds others accountable and promotes empowerment and ownership.
- Ideal candidate will be extremely results-oriented, have excellent influencing skills and be aggressive in his/her pursuit of performance targets.
- Must be resilient, adaptable and able to provide push back when required.
- Disciplined with the ability to promote and instill winning habits in others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A GEMBA Manager who is hands-on and tactical coupled with strategy development to take on challenges.
- Ability to problem solve and “make things happen.”
- Ability to mediate and cope with conflict and crisis.
- Experience with performance management.
- Strategic planning knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish