General Manager – Tijuana Distribution CenterJob ID: 7346 Save Job
We have been retained by a multibillion-dollar leading activewear apparel company that is redefining what athletic apparel looks like. The company is recognized for its innovative, high-energy, and fast-paced culture that is reflected in the clothes they make. After a few years of successful hyper-growth driven by its strong e-commerce presence in the US, they are entering a phase of global and multichannel expansion.
Mid to senior management level position, reporting to the company’s Director of Distribution. Position will be the senior on-site lead role in management of our stand-alone distribution center, including oversight of supervisory staff. Role will be considered an extension of the company’s in-house staff.
- Fulfillment expertise as senior leader of a full-function warehouse operation: Experienced with broken case pick/pack operations, major US retailer compliance requirements, experience with high volume ecommerce, experience with inventory control within warehouse setting, and quality control/assurance for finished goods.
- Logistics expertise: Experience with Mexican customs (import and export), IMMEX manufacturing or warehousing environments, prior management, and oversight of brokerage and 3PL providers.
- Staff management: Experience managing distribution center leader & associate staff, including design of staff structure, hiring, training, and scheduling. Experience working within a multi-shift environment a plus.
- General management: Experience managing day-to-day operations of warehousing or manufacturing operations. Act as primary liaison with HQ leader team, communicating and reporting to corporate partners/contacts regarding key operating metrics, issue resolutions, budgeting and planning. Prior budgetary responsibility.
- Systems expertise: Experience with systems integrations (ERP to third parties), WMS design and implementation.
- Facility management: Experience managing stand-alone distribution facilities. Design for efficient workflow, integration of material handling equipment, implementation of safety and security considerations in facility layout.
- Communication & leadership: advanced skills in both verbal and written communication with upper management, direct reports, and facility personnel. Demonstrated ability to train & mentor direct reports to utilize positive communication style with shift leads and entire warehouse staff. Leads by example in capably managing a high-performance, large volume distribution facility in a steady and composed manner.
- Procurement: Oversees the procurement function, ensuring that necessary quantities of supplies and consumables are readily available and purchased within budget guidelines. Includes management of CAPEX items and material handling equipment. Conducts this function with the utmost integrity and transparency, fully complying with all company policies.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that the safety and health of all warehouse employees is of foremost concern and attention. This includes compliance with all local government laws and guidelines, as well as fire safety equipment and protocols.
- Owns some project leadership responsibilities as needed or directed.