Senior Operations ManagerJob ID: 7425 Save Job
Our client is a global leader in medical device manufacturing with rapid and consistent growth. They manufacture critical care products. As a result of this growth, they are looking for a Senior Operations Manager to join their team. The company has been in business for over 60 years. Their culture is strongly focused on productivity and quality, while prioritizing teamwork and its people.
Proactively leads an operations team while ensuring the full and accurate execution of production schedules, responsible for team performance against all Key Performance Indicators, and maintenance of product quality and compliance with applicable federal regulations. Leads the organization, planning and daily operation of their area, engages the team to identify key process and performance improvements and establishes and shapes operating objectives that are aligned with the strategic operating plan, ensure that a fair, professional and high-performance environment that is aligned with company values is maintained.
- People and Team – Proactively manages people and team issues, actively resolves conflicts and is building the organizational capabilities to deliver results now and into the future.
- Quality – Demonstrates initiative and critical thinking to analyze challenges, develop solutions and institutionalize the SOP compliance and practices to deliver the highest quality products and results.
- Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates initiative and critical thinking and fully leverages CI processes and tools to develop sustained performance and improvement.
- Cost – Demonstrates initiative and critical thinking to analyze cost issues, develop solutions and lead the team to deliver improving results.
- Culture and Values – Exemplifies the Company’s Core Values and ensures a fair, open and productive climate. Serves as a leader to leverage and institutionalize CI thought processes. Ensures an ethical and legally compliant atmosphere.
- Provide instruction, guidance, and direction in solving production and quality problems, evaluating of process improvements and initiation of cost reduction methods.
- Anticipate and control production problems related to material shortages, equipment repair and downtime devise and implement procedures to prevent or minimize loss of man hours and maintain uninterrupted production.
- Interface with vendors, purchasing, planning, engineering and other functional departments within the organization to diagnose and resolve problems with the coordination of new product start-up.
- Review and approve Process control Sheets, SOPs, employee training files, personnel action forms, departmental expenditures, etc.
- Plan packaging, device, print shop, and sterilization operations based on priority production requirements.
- Assist in the layout, start-up and automation of new products, equipment and additional clean rooms as needed for packaging, device, and sterilization departments.
- Identify problem areas associated with equipment, material and processes and work with engineering, purchasing and set-up personnel in their resolution.
- Supervise by assigning work, monitoring shift progress and maintain employee performance.
- Ensure that device components and kits are assembled and packaged according to current engineering specifications and appropriate quality standards.
- Experience of at least 10 years in manufacturing industry and 5 years in medical device manufacturing industry.
- Solid analytic skills able to use data analysis for decision making process.
- Proven history mentoring and developing a team.
- Successful experience implementing projects and strategies to achieve company goals.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal at various levels within the organization.
- B.S. Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering.
- Preferred Certification in Lean Manufacturing with a Green Belt Certification.
- Results oriented and highly driven leader, with intense sense of urgency.
- Strong ethics, integrity and trustworthy.
- Fully fluent in English.