Supplier Quality EngineerJob ID: 7383 Save Job
Our client, a worldwide leader on electronic consumer good products, is seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join its growing team in Mexico. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will work as part of a team that develops and implements methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed.
Will be responsible to design and install sophisticated testing equipment and performs product testing and analysis to maintain quality levels and minimize defects and failure rates. Analyzes reports of defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions. Collaborates with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensures that effective corrective actions are implemented, and contributes to supplier quality improvement programs.
Responsible for related supplier quality issues reported in the production line. Develop containment activities for any supplier related issue to keep production line running. Supports the plant to meet goals related to supplier quality. Lead supplier engineering activities for specific commodities. Perform Process Control Audit on site to current suppliers. Conduct remote Process Control Audit to our supply base. Review, follow up and verification of corrective actions provided by supplier when a quality issue exists. Support NPI group from early phases of launches.
Support corporate initiatives with current and new suppliers. Responsible for customer line claims related to any supplier issues. Responsible for customer specific requirements with our supply base.
Follow up to new part validation process.
- Will have completed a BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Will have strong knowledge of semiconductors.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of industry experience in supplier or process quality for electronics parts/semiconductors.
- Preferably will have automotive industry experience
- Will be knowledge on ISO/TS 16949 or IATF requirements.
- Will ideally have knowledge on Customer Specific requirements such CQI, BIQS, 4M is a plus.
- Experience with performing process capability and control audit at supplier.
- Knowledge of 8D corrective actions, SPC, six sigma GB certified, lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Will have proven negotiation skills within different groups in the organization and with suppliers.
- Must be fully Bilingual (English / Spanish).
- Will have valid US Tourist Visa.