Quality Engineer – Quality SystemsJob ID: 7505 Save Job
Our client is an industry leader in the design, fabrication and installation of HVAC systems for commercial use. Their World Class Manufacturing operation is located in the Ontario area in Southern California. As a result of internal growth within their Quality Department, they are looking to hire a Quality Systems /Quality Engineer.
The Quality Systems/ Quality Engineer will be responsible to support the administration and integrity of the Quality Management System in a plant with processes including metal fabrication and assembly processes such sheet metal, powder coating, welding, painting, mechanical and electrical assembly etc. Will lead creation and maintenance of controls over associated processes and products. Support production lines in resolving quality related issues while assisting in improving overall product quality and efficiency of the operation.
- Systematic follow up of Corrective Action process (CAPA. 8Ds and A3) to support our Quality Management System based on ISO9001 Track Analyze, and report on quality metrics. (First Pass yield, DPU, COPQ, DPPM, Line Issues, etc.)
- Develop, Implement, and maintain FMEAs and Quality Control Plans, identifying Critical To quality (CTQ) features (process and product).
- Perform Investigation and drive action items to improve Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Warranty issues and Customer concerns.
- Lead Continuous Improvement effort by forming resolution teams, leading kaizen events, and developing improvement projects, applying Lean-six Sigma principles.
- Participate in special project teams representing the quality department as assigned by the Quality Manager. Develop and perform audits plans to ensure compliance to QMS (Work instructions, Quality Alerts, methods of assembly, quality measures, CTQs, etc.)
- Assist with supplier issues with data analysis, evidence and specific requirements, initiate SCARs, and perform supplier audits.
- Provide leadership to QA Inspectors assigned to specific areas and develop Inspection plans.
- Provide support on resolution of Customer Complaints (Field Reports) and develop process control to prevent reoccurrence.
- Supervise our Quality Inspection team and coordinate assignments and pay role.
- Other duties as assigned by quality Manager.
- Will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (required).
- 3-5 years of experience with 2 in manufacturing environment.
- Will show leadership and experience in department or team supervision.
- High computer skills (data bases), Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab or other Statistical Software.
- Basic Statistic knowledge: SPC, Control Limits, Specifications Limits.
- Project Management and Continuous Improvement methodologies such Lean Six Sigma, kaizen, dimensional analysis and Process Capability (Cpk).
- FMEA and Control Plans knowledge and experience.
- Quality Management System ISO9001:2015.
- Fabrication Process: Sheet Metal, Powder Coating, Welding, painting, etc.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Auditor.
- Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Refrigeration/ HVAC experience, highly preferred.
- APQP and PPAP’s.