Quality ManagerJob ID: 7561 Save Job
Our client, founded over 100 years ago, provides solutions for preserving and merchandizing fresh foods. It is the globally recognized leader in manufacturing, distribution, selling, installing, and servicing refrigerated and non-refrigerated systems and display food merchandizers, display cases and related products. With the leading market share in North America, our client’s vision is to transform the future of food retailing.
To support this vision, our client seeks a Manufacturing Quality Manager who will lead and manage the quality improvement efforts across the site. Continually improve customer satisfaction with respect to quality, cost and delivery. Plan, direct and coordinate the plant quality assurance program. Lead and manage continuous improvement as well as process improvement initiatives and teams. Establish plant and departmental quality objectives. Analyze and solve quality and reliability problems and ensure execution and sustainment of corrective actions. Responsible for directing employees in testing and inspection to ensure customer requirements and specifications are met. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Interface with all departments to identify and correct manufacturing issues as they arise? analyze customer/field complaints and drive CA/PA in manufacturing process (including supplier issues) while maintaining communications between issue owners and issue originators.
- Support complex installations with plant quality/technical resources as required.
- Audit, verify and continuously improve compliance to work instructions, quality procedures and established CTQ processes. Develop, implement and maintain control plans as required.
- Actively promote and support plant QMS maturation efforts including participating in plant and supplier audits. Maintain compliance and ISO certifications.
- Track, analyze, report and improve plant and customer quality metrics.
- Provide strong leadership in identifying opportunities and processes to improve quality culture and issue ownership/resolution
- Manage efficient day to day operation of the QA department including resource management; budgeting & scheduling; talent acquisition, performance management and development of personnel.
- This position will support the quality management process in the designated manufacturing site
- 15+ years of total manufacturing experience.
- 10+ years in a manufacturing Quality Management role or similar
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge in the application of ISO standard, APQP, quality assurance concepts, methods and techniques is required.
- Refrigeration Systems and LSS experience a plus. Prefer experience with full product assembly (not components), sheet metal fabrication, HVAC, automotive, aerospace or similar.
- Qualified candidates must effectively communicate with all levels of company management and external associates, in both written and verbal forms.
- Ideal candidate will be results oriented, an agent of change, a consensus builder with a collaborative management style, a team player capable of influencing direction.
- Mobility within work facilities including manufacturing sites is also required.
- MS Office skills required? knowledge of Minitab or statistical software a plus.
- Organizational Excellence experience is also preferred.
- New product introduction process.