Director of OperationsJob ID: 7496 Save Job
We have been retained by a growing privately owned company involved with the manufacturing and distribution of aluminum and fiberglass products (which hold top market global share), light duty construction equipment, protection equipment, and similar products to find their next Senior Director of Operations. This global leader has a global footprint with over 14 sites globally. In the Juarez area there are many companies but very few have a world class multi-site campus. Our client seeks a Director of Operations to be based at their Juarez, Mexico campus location which is home to over 2,000 employees across 5 plants. The companies’ focus is on Safety as a key deliverable and ensuring that employees follow company Values in everything that employees do. If you have the drive to make a difference and enjoy a challenge, then consider joining this global leader as a Director of Operations for the Juarez Campus.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall leadership, direction and coordination of the Ciudad Juarez Division operations with 5 plants. Charged with the development and motivation of all Division individuals (approximately 2000 employees), as well as creating a positive teamwork culture. Position must drive division to meet/exceed overall objectives in safety, quality, productivity, customer service/satisfaction, and cost. Required to foster a continuous improvement environment that is driven by operational excellence, and which provides world class products in the pursuit of total customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions): This self-motivated individual will provide leadership for, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Directing, motivating and leading the Juarez Division team in the accomplishment of divisional objectives
- Establishing key performance indicators/metrics to drive continuous improvement through a comprehensive strategic planning process
- Communicating divisional performance to all team members on a regular basis
- Coaching/mentoring and developing members of the team to take on greater responsibilities
- Leading by example in reinforcing company values, principles, safety and quality practices
- Coordinating division activities with collaboration and alignment with corporate objectives
- Developing long term plans for the staff through a robust succession planning process
- Directing the development, planning and execution of manufacturing methods. Maintaining the efficiency, quality and safety of manufacturing processes; being accountable for new or old technology, and new or existing products. This also includes:
- Compliance with quality, safety and efficiency expectations for all manufactured operations
- Compliance with federal and state safety and human resources laws and regulations
- Directing the annual budget planning process
- Driving year over year productivity improvements
- Utilizing six sigma tools to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in systems and processes
- Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating managers and supervisors who are responsible for maintenance, materials, quality, purchasing or obtaining raw materials, production/manufacturing, distribution and shipping finished products to customers; dotted line responsibility for finance, HR and IT functions
- Assesses and uses the facilities’ (5 plants) existing capacity to maximize the use of the assets and meet production demands
- Supporting New Product Development (NPD) activities as required
- Other responsibilities and/or assignments as required from time to time
Experience & Education:
- 12-15 years of supervisory and management (i.e., Director of Operations, Director of Manufacturing, General Manager, or similar) experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably in the border area.
- Experience managing a large site or multi-sites in Mexico but likes the manufacturing floor.
- Experience with fabrication environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering related field.
- MBA with professional certifications in inventory management, finance or quality (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement expertise
- Lean Six-Sigma Training, Mini tab (preferred)
- Intermediate level expertise with the full MS Office suite of products
- Experience with MRP and ERP systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employees including hourly, salaried, management and executive level
- High energy, inspirational leadership/management skills which inspire and motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
- Ability to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
- Commitment to meeting production deadlines, shipping dates and managing time commitments effectively
- Comprehensive understanding of financial reports (i.e., P&L) and ability to react accordingly to ensure cost expectations are met (including ability to prepare operational budgets) and make presentations senior corporate executive leadership.
- Demonstrated lean skills coupled with expert business and financial skills.
- Highly developed people skills including the ability to communicate effectively in presentations and verbally and in writing.
- Possess a fine mix of tactical (hands-on approach) and strategic thinking skills.
- Fluent in English (90% +) and Spanish.