Production ManagerJob ID: 7476 Save Job
Our client is a global leader and one of the top luxury soft good brands in the world. Known for its high quality and impeccable attention to detail. They are currently experiencing high growth and have a need for a Senior Production Manager to lead an operational transformation at their new state of the art manufacturing site just 25 minutes from Fort Worth, Texas.
Essential Duties And Job Responsibilities:
Talent Management and Development
- The Production Manager develops production supervisors to ensure their teams deliver the Company Promise through all duties and responsibilities, always keeping the client at the center.
- Support production supervisors with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs, and those of their team, and partner with Human Resources to recommend/implement necessary training and individual development plans (IDP).
- In collaboration with Human Resources, recruit and develop top talent and build succession plans for production.
- Through empowerment, and organizational development, build high performing teams with the capacity to be agile, dynamic, and achieve effectiveness as the workshop (plant), Company, and market evolves.
- Set achievable yet challenging team and individual targets for production supervisors; assess, monitor, and manage performance to ensure these goals are achieved.
- In partnership with human resources, create and implement strategies to reduce absenteeism, increase retention, and play an active role in LOA management.
- Create a positive work environment, led by example, and uphold the Core Belief and Values of the Company.
Client Focus and Synergies
- Establish a client-centric mindset in the workshop to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability.
- Be a company ambassador by proactively representing the Brand in relevant local activities and through social networking.
- Build a network with our European facilities to ensure a consistent exchange of best practices and innovation.
- Sustain and deepen the client relationship with the Company in the Americas to adapt and respond to changes in the retail market.
- Be aware of the competitive landscape and market trends.
Business Development and Operations
- Establish a safety mindset to ensure the well-being of team members, cleanliness, and overall organization of the workshop (plant).
- Ensure production targets are met regarding quality, quantity, and time optimizing costs.
- Maximize the potential of all existing products of the workshop (plant), utilizing all available support (e.g., Human Resources, Quality, Safety, Logistics, Technical, Industrialization, and Retail) fostering synergies between departments.
- Contribute to the development of new products and new processes to ensure timely production launches.
- Transform and sustain workshop initiatives to comply with lean manufacturing philosophy.
- Proactively improve all modes of operation of the entire site, including non-manufacturing operations.
- Perform other duties based on business needs
Principal Skills, Knowledge, And Personal Attributes Required:
- Engineering Degree or bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant industrial manufacturing experience in the implementation of production functions and knowledge of lean concepts and tools (e.g., kaizen, manufacturing methods, quality, efficiency, product development, etc.). Previous experience as a Production Manager (ideal), Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager or supervisory experience in production but coupled management experience in either manufacturing engineering, lean manufacturing or quality.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes where the highest quality and speed is required (i.e., high quality apparel, furniture, leather goods, food processing, FMCG, pharma, medical devices, etc.)
- Experienced with KPI’s, variance analysis, and familiar with basic P&L.
- Familiar with high volume and high mix is desirable.
- Exposure to European Companies is desired.
- Quality focus (i.e. visual quality)
- Fluent in English (Spanish fluency is highly preferred and French is a plus)
- Ability to engage and motivate teams
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist (lateral leadership)
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Collaborative leadership approach
- Customer focused and relationship oriented
- Drive for results and focus on delivering excellence
- Effectively communicate and lead change at all levels of the organization
- Empower others and support risk taking
- Excellent ability to build, develop and retain talent
- Forward thinking with an open mind (Growth mindset)
- Inspires others to higher performance
- Leads with empathy and demonstrates Self Awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong business acumen, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Supports diversity and embraces differences
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE – REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
- Position Reports to: General Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 20- 30
- # of Indirect Reports: 300 or more
- Colleagues: Leadership Team / Functional partners locally and abroad
POTENTIAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- General Manager
- Progressive growth in manufacturing leadership roles