Quality Director, SeniorJob ID: 7488 Save Job
Our client is a global leader in electronics manufacturing located in Guadalajara, Mexico, with a succesful track background driving innovation through technology and an extraordinary team, building great products. As a result of company growth, they are looking for a Senior Quality Director.
The Senior Quality Director will report to the VP, Operations, and is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating product and process quality assurance program(s) to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products through the development and management of people and processes.
What a typical day looks like:
- Responsible for the site end-to-end manufacturing process quality and product quality to comply to automotive industry requirements and customer specifications.
- Drive investigation and resolutions of non-conformances found in materials, manufacturing processes and systems including audits.
- Drive investigation, implementation, and effectiveness of corrective actions as a result of customer complaints, supplier issues, internal process discrepancies, systems or audit related findings.
- Assure all complaints, corrective actions and non-conformances workflows are progressed and closed timely.
- Initiate and sustain quality improvement activities through Kaizen and Six Sigma activities.
- Assure and sustain site manufacturing and quality performances as measured through key quality indicators.
- Prepare and/or implement quality policies, procedures, and corporate driven enterprise quality management systems.
- Lead customer facing meetings, reviews and issues and drive diligently towards closures.
- Management representative of the site for ISO and quality regulatory audits.
- Assure that processes and methods are implemented using a risk-based approach and utilizing sound statistical techniques.
- Assure all materials, processes, utilities and system changes are evaluated, validated where required and implemented using a risk-based approach.
- Confers with Engineering about quality assurance of new products manufacturing.
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Will have a BA/BS/ MBA in a related field.
- Is knowledgeable of SMT and Electronic Manufacturing processes
- Has experience of at least 5 years as a Quality Director, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Supplier Quality, Quality Systems and Manufacturing Quality.
- Understands automotive quality tools including PPAP and APQP.
- Black Belt Certified is highly preferred.
- Successfully managed a diverse group of employees.
- Has proven leadership building successful teams.
- Achieves targets in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
- Builds and nurtures trust with teams, customers, and suppliers.
- Performance development, teaching/ leading, mentoring and/or organization development.
- Strong people management skills and ability to motivate and lead people and hold employees accountable.
- Demonstrate expert functional, technical, people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Experienced in System integration.
- Is strongly customer oriented.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).