Senior Director of EngineeringJob ID: 7494 Save Job
Our client is a global leader in electronics manufacturing located in Guadalajara, Mexico, with a successful track background driving innovation through technology and an extraordinary team, building great products. As a result of company growth, EMS leader is looking for a Senior Director, Operations Engineering to be located in Guadalajara, Mexico and oversee engineering for a campus of over 4 plants and over 7,000 employees.
Reporting to the VP Operations the Sr. Director, Operations Engineering will be in charge of managing day-to-day engineering operations and core functions of engineering operations in order to achieve and maintain operational excellence.
What a typical day looks like (Essential Job Functions):
- Oversees the activities related to the technical support and process development engineering functions of a manufacturing area.
- Supervises 5 Directors (Process/Business Excellence, Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, Product Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities) and an engineering team over two hundred.
- Plans and implements the development of new and scale-up process formulas. Establishes operating equipment specifications and acts as a liaison with product design and development to ensure processes and designs are compatible. Leads efforts to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Principle Accountabilities: * Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several senior Manufacture engineering leaders involved in activities related to process engineering capabilities and statistical process control systems.
- Organize and lead Project/Program reviews to ensure projects are delivered on time, as per cost targets and within quality specifications.
- Partner with other functional leaders to ensure manufacture-engineering activities are well integrated with manufacturing operations.
- Provide guidance and feedback to subordinate leaders to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Plan, budget, and manage the Manufacture Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance and NPI group costs in line with Corporate objectives.
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Develop, modify, and implement company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers in controversial situations, contract negotiations or other matters for which influence skills are required.
The experience we are looking to add to our team:
- 5 years+ as a Director of Engineering supporting operations including process, operational excellence, manufacturing engineering, product engineering, test engineering and maintenance.
- Experience in EMS (highly preferred) / Electronics Manufacturing overseeing a large site 3,000+ employees or preferably multi-sites.
- Experience and solid expertise in SMT.
- Experience with Back-end assembly
- Electric test and strong optical test experience.
- Strong experience with failure analysis
- Experience with NPI (new product introduction), international transfers and project management
- Management and comprehension of P&L, customer, and company metrics.
- Excellent business acumen, people management, and staff development.
- High energy with sense of urgency, strong leader, results oriented, tenacious, and smart.
- Commercial negotiation, negotiation with clients
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- BA/BS in Engineering (prefer electronics) or equivalent work experience with a degree.
- Fluent in English (85%+) and Spanish.