Director of FinanceJob ID: 7375 Save Job
Our client, a well-established wholesale food organization known for maintaining the highest quality of products for their customers by using the latest technology and traditional techniques making them unique in every way through their quality of ingredients, free of chemicals and preservatives, while presenting freshly made products delivered each day. Skillful leader of fresh food products, serving high end restaurants, Major hotels, well known established catering companies and more, with over 20 yrs. Of success delivering quality service with exceptional quality products.
This well-established organization is seeking to hire an experienced Director of Finance acting as a true business partner, proactively supporting the CFO and CEO in the development and execution of the companies’ business strategy and plan by building, leading, developing and motivating the finance/accounting team.
- Will be responsible for driving the financial disciplines, financial reporting and control, tax and cash management, as well as the analysis and decision support for the CFO.
- Will built and maintain strong strategic financial planning, reporting, accounting and control processes in accordance with company guidelines.
- Will oversee all audits and internal control procedures.
- Develop critical external relationships, particularly with tax, and accounting authorities and support firms as well as banks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required; ACCA or CPA qualified or equivalent. Higher education such as an MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 yrs. Of progressive experience in a Director level role with at least 5 yrs. Of Managerial experience supporting Mid-level food and or & beverage organizations.
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Success in creating and driving effective methodologies and processes are strongly desired.
- Exceptional change management, understanding how and when to drive critical change while executing plan.
- Proficient in Spanish a plus!
The successful candidate is a proven change leader and operates well in a decentralized organization model. She/he has the ability to be a true business partner and bridges gaps between the finance function and the commercial business where and when deemed necessary and must have the following requirements:
- Experienced senior finance professional with an accountancy qualification, and knowledge of the key finance functions.
- Good knowledge of Accounting Principles (Local GAAP and IFRS), as well as the ability to appreciate the key issues with regard to tax and legal.
- Previous experience as a true Director of Finance.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating strong financial control skills.
- Used to working in a Management Committee and constructively challenging key commercial functions.
- Work experience in a financial function of a mid-size manufacturing operation.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP a plus)
Behavioral Skills & Competencies
- Excellence in direction and pace setting, experience in turning things around; change manager.
- Displays perseverance enabling him/her to maintain a clear line towards superiors, business partners and colleagues. Able to make clear choices and evaluate risks in challenging discussions.
- Ability to take part in all company related matters in their entirety, making it possible to provide solutions not only for simple but also complex problems.
- A well-defined cost consciousness is an important qualification.
- Organizational talent and networking abilities make him/her an active and pleasant counterpart for colleagues, keeping an open mind during discussions.
- Radiates confidence through the strength of his/her intellect, leadership style, and ability to manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Will be a strong people-manager who can build a high performing team.
- Inspires and develops excellence in people and the organization. Keeps subordinates motivated and highly productive.
- Creates and communicates a vision. Provides an effective structure for integrating the financial and fiscal aspects of the decision-making process into day-to-day business activities.
- The candidate should display excellent communication skills, allowing him/her to communicate
- effectively within as well as outside of the organization. Open minded and comfortable dealing with various cultures.
- Good listener
- A team worker that shares his/her knowledge and experience to benefit the organization and the individuals who shape it.