EHS ManagerJob ID: 7483 Save Job
the safety, environmental and health systems according to Mexican Laws, Corporate, internal policies and procedures and international common practices for multiple facilities based in Northern Baja California.
- Responsible for 2 sites ( EH&S, medical department, and will Manage a team of 5 people.
- Participate & consolidate the respective information for the corporate meetings
- Comply with all the Safety, Environmental and Health regulations in Mexico, as well as deal with all the related authorities, auditors and inspectors. Locals & nationals
- Responsible for accident and Incidents investigation, root cause analysis, countermeasure and actions implementations. (metrics & safety programs to reduce)
- Responsible for Managing the activities of the Safety Committee
- Keep in good condition all the emergency systems according with Mexican Law
- Work with Training Supervisor to develop and follow up safety training according to internal and legal requirements Responsible of chemical warehouse (inventory, identification and documentation)
- Proper management of chemicals and hazardous waste
- Ensure that updates and the Safety graphs on the Gemba walk are being followed.
- Manage and supervise Safety guards activitie
- Manage preventive and corrective maintenance and Facilities activities
- Knowledge in Mexican Law related with safety and environmental system. (PROFEPA, LFT, SEMARNAT, MEXICAN NOM, IMSS, STPS, RFSH, NOM035 etc.)
- Experience in dealing with safety and environmental audits
- Knowledge in emergency system according with Fire Department
- Knowledge in Social Security (IMSS) procedures
- Knowledge and organize MSDS from all chemicals used in the production process
- Experience in chemicals and hazardous waste Handling
- Experience in developing and giving safety courses
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master Degree a plus!
- 7-10 years of experience Managing EH&S in a manufacturing work environment.