Our client founded in 1992 global leader of manufacturing and Innovative Power Quality Solutions is seeking for a successful Opex Manager to lead The OPEX & Continuous Improvement for multiple facilities based in Northern Baja California (Mexicali and Tijuana, B.C.). The ideal candidate will be responsible for improving and innovating major projects, including the support of the day-to- day operations of the manufacturing processes and monitoring progress of process improvement, resource identification and allocation. This position reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the company’s continuous improvement systems. The position is based in Mexicali, B.C.
- Responsible for promoting OPEX & Continuous Improvement activities within Operations, Engineering, and Quality.
- The Opex Manager will support plants production of existing product lines with a focus on eliminating defects and waste while identifying and implementing best Lean practices focused on improving processes.
- Sets Goals driven from KPIs for executing Lean manufacturing business benefits (quality, cost reduction, efficiency improvements, manufacturing value enhancement, data integrity, Value Stream Mapping) that ensures transparency of delivered benefits to the company.
- Use of Lean Manufacturing and project management tools and practices, as well as Lean capabilities to prioritize activities, drive a structured business improvement program and ensure that the team members put in practice a project management way of thinking and it becomes embedded in the culture (PDCA, DMAIC, responsibilities and accountabilities, project review discipline, Problem Solving Discipline).
- Coordinates the enhancement and enforcement of standard operating processes for all operations within the business.
- Consolidates Continuous Improvement processes and ideas where possible and streamlines them towards one joint goal.
- Develop and implement a strategy for fostering and improving the lean and project management capabilities and behaviors of employees, Managers and Supervisors. This includes coaching, training and driving the tools and capabilities in place to get company-wide results for management of projects and initiatives.
- Provides multiple levels of training for all department team members: lean training, quality training, team building, cross training, etc., assisting each team member in growing individually in preparation for further advancement.
- Interacts with the Sites Leadership Team in developing strategic vision and action plans, ensuring the quality management system is implemented, functioning effectively and continuously improved through coordination with Operations.
- Oversee all projects sites wide, assuring that they are meeting objectives and projected savings.
- Facilitates individuals or teams through a formal problem-solving methodology and develops a prioritizing system for problem solving initiatives.
- Facilitates interpretations of the budget and impacts of the countermeasures and verify savings accomplished and align them with target costing.
- Responsibility for process optimization and improvements, participating in the acquiring and installation of new technologies and or managing a vast database of improvement projects. This includes supporting the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing processes and monitoring progress of process improvement, resource identification and allocation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Ability to Lead and develop the Team
- Impact and Influence stakeholders and win over trust
- Deliver Results and set guidelines
- Coach and Develop the team
- Lean Manufacturing process experience A MUST!
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations or related field with 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years of leadership experience. Prefer experience as an OPEX & Continuous Improvement Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- 3-5years of leading a site OPEX & Continuous Improvement program
- Knowledge of advanced quality tools like FMEA, DOE, QFD, Six Sigma
- Strong knowledge of COQ (cost of quality) and how it relates to problem solving
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- 50% Travel Required