Senior Human Resources ManagerJob ID: 7503 Save Job
Our client is a top global leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global transportation industry. Our client has the capabilities, a comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for all human resources for a large manufacturing plant in Mexicali and will support manufacturing plant leaders to drive our company culture to achieve company objectives according with our values. May manage operation of a centralized HR Service Center spanning payroll, benefits, and other transactions. Maintains and ensures the security of personnel data.
- Alignment to drive an effective New HR model to this part of the business.
- Standardization of processes and policies
- Developing strategy to implement process efficiency through HR software/ platforms. Recommends, implements, and plans for improvements, enhancements, and new applications to the HRIS system.
- Eliminate non-value added.
- Coach and develop Managers with continuous education and develop a high performing team.
- Maintain a motivated workforce and maintain low turnover.
- Directs, develops, and maintains a strategic plan for Human Resource systems.
- Develops, implements, and maintains specially designed human resources information systems and related policies and procedures designed to obtain, record, and process employee information.
- Provides retrieval ability to produce employee information for analysis and decision making, statistical data, and other employee-related reports as required.
- Develops and revises all manuals, tables, code lists, and documentation.
- Supports multiple functional applications (e.g., HRIS).
- Combines Human Resource knowledge with information retrieval skills.
- Analyzes audits, reconciles, and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing.
- Ensures all Human Resource systems and related policies (e.g., payroll reporting, payments, etc.) are compliant with company policy, accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Researches and interprets federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Works with system programmers to achieve solutions or administer company payroll system with outside service provider.
- Manages operation of a centralized HR Service Center spanning payroll, benefits, and other transactions.
- Establishes standards and procedures for handling employee questions, HR transactions and administration of HR programs.
- Represents organizational unit on administrative matters.
- Maintains and ensures the security of personnel data.
- Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function; Oversees staffing, development, performance management/evaluation, diversity, health/safety, and employee relations.
- Networks with internal and/or external stakeholders concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
- Implement strategic organizational change to increase productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Use data and analysis to solve real-world HR problems.
- Demonstrate advanced financial management and budgeting skills.
- Structure competitive benefit packages and measure their success.
- Leverage advanced knowledge and skills to succeed in HR management.
- The Sr HR Manager reports to the Corporate HR Director, and dotted line to the Mexicali Site Director.
- Interacts with: Staff support, Managers & Leaders, corporate HR Director, and all functions supporting this role including 14 HR team members and HRBP’s.
- 5-10 + years of human resource management experience in large multi-national companies (i.e., understands U.S. culture) in Mexico. Experience managing human resources in a large site (800+ employees).
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state, and Mexico federal employment laws.
- Experience implementing HRIS is highly desired.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment with constant corporate interaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to make impactful presentations in English.
- Able to think strategically and make sound, data-based business decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and commitment in leaders, managers and associates, as well as in HR colleagues.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative and partner oriented.
- Decisive and action oriented.
- Experience coaching and developing leaders.
- Initiative-taking and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment (change agent).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with personnel matters
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’ Degree in Human Resources or related business field. Master’s degree a plus.