Supply Planning ManagerJob ID: 7565 Save Job
Our client, founded in 1982 as a global leader in manufacturing, is seeking a successful Supply Planning Manager to determine the best placement of resources and finalize the plan capacity for the Manufacturing Plan & Distribution Center. The Supply Planning Manager performs analytics, project planning, and tracks the execution of all projects related to capacity for the manufacturing sites. The Supply Planning Manager develops, analyzes, and presents solutions through collaboration with internal departments such as Sales, Planning, Operations, IT, Finance and Engineering. The Supply Planning Manager interfaces with all levels of business professionals within the organization.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Responsible for SIOP, MPS and capacity constraint planning implementations.
- Responsible for Distribution Center and Planning department.
- Builds and leverages relationships with functional leaders and internal business partners to deliver optimal capacity solutions.
- Provides analytical and system support for the development, implementation & management of strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Develops business tools and processes to capture and monitor metrics for capacity processes.
- Deep dive into processes, evaluate gaps in productivity and service balance and coordinate or leads projects to improve the reliability and efficiency of the processes.
- Partner with the operations team to help implement changes to improve planning of capacity levels and communicate closely with the team on volume forecasting.
- Recognize trends, present improvement ideas to the senior leadership and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Regularly analyzes data to ensure key performance indicators are met to develop and lead new processes, procedures, and corrective actions.
- Generates and monitors workflow to ensure maximum efficiency in the DC.
- Develops quantitative capacity, operational and customer solutions through collaboration with internal and external organizations. Use analytical reports to influence senior leadership into facilitating changes.
- Monitor hiring, contractor’s needs and mix per shift & department.
- Reviews and recommends equipment needs.
- Acts as main point of contact and liaison between Operations and Planning & Sales forecasting.
- Weekly KPI reporting to leadership team and aligns end of week and end of month expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, or industry equivalent
- 8+ years Logistics and Supply Chain experience
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent
- Strong project management and communication skills (verbal, written)
- Strong problem-solving skills, proven ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Highly organized and process oriented with an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Desirable experience on tools including MS Access, Tableau, Sales force, Kinaxis Rapid Response.
- Self-Starter; team player
- Experience with ERP based Warehouse Management Systems
- Manufacturing and Production process experience