Plant Managing DirectorJob ID: 7705 Save Job
Our client is a European company with operations in Europe, China and Mexico, recognized for supplying precision-machined components to renowned automotive Tier 1 suppliers and OEMs. They currently seek a Plant Managing Director to oversee their Mexico manufacturing business (200 to 300 employees) based in Mexicali, Baja California Mexico. This position reports to the CEO of the company.
- Act as legal Mexico- representative for the company, report regularly to CEO in HQ in Europe.
- Responsible for all the production and commercial management of Mexican company, including P&L responsibilities.
- Run and develop the business in Mexicali according to technical and commercial standards of HQ and its customers.
- Responsible for execution of annual business plan through delivering the forecasted monthly and yearly budget, as well as monthly production plans within targeted costs, quality, and delivery objectives.
- Respect strict quality management system requirements
- Plan, develop and implement new strategies and tools developed with support of HQ to meet customer expectations and organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Establish and maintain appropriate controlling and systems for measuring operational management and development.
- Optimize manufacturing processes, cycle times and structures.
- Report to shareholders board on organizational plans and performance figures.
- Supporting central company functions (sales, purchasing, IT, Eng., SCM, FIN, HR, …) in executing their functional activities in the plant.
- Will be supported by strong leadership from the management team toward preparation for further growth.
- Solid working experience in a similar hands-on role (i.e., Plant Manager, General Manager, Managing Director, Director of Operations) in a multi-national company, preferably low-mid to mid-size company and an Automotive background (Tier 1 or Tier 2 suppliers) highly preferred. May consider aerospace.
- Experience with P&L Management.
- Experience in Machining manufacturing would be a plus.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- Strong background in production management
- Decisive and strong implementer with excellent project management
- High competence in recruiting and developing shop floor operators and supporting staff.
- Solid technical background preferred.
- Excellent communicator with a natural affinity for international companies and their business culture.
- Experience with client relations is highly preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (both spoken and written)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and goal-oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Mature with high initiative, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Able to work under high pressure.
- Able to hold others accountable and practices accountability.