Director of Engineering (Equipment & Automation)Job ID: 7464 Save Job
Barbachano International has been retained by a well-established Food Manufacturing organization that offers unique fresh food products like no other. This position will assume a process-oriented role in the overall leadership, in managing projects from start to finish while identifying and finding solutions that support the growth and drive continuous improvement to the organization. The role will report to the VP of Supply Chain and will lead the integration of products by spearheading and supporting the two muti-site locations, identify ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and repaired and leading initiatives efforts and implementing/developing and coaching of plant resources while meeting the business needs of the organization.
- Building and overseeing Capex budgets and savings
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate components and systems
- Designing and testing automation equipment, systems, and processes
- Eliminating defects and errors with product and software development
- Collaborating with other business units
- Ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and repaired by maintenance
- Identifying quality issues that can be addressed through proper engineering and provide solutions to correct
- Troubleshooting issues with mechanical, electrical, and controls systems
- Performing and maintain an inventory of all control systems including BOMs, SOWs, and OPs
- Budget Management: Own and manage Capital projects, training, qualifications, and approval process for the plants. Work includes establishment, maintenance, forecasting and reporting of the organization budget needs and spending for the current fiscal year including projections for 5 additional years. Work with Finance, Operations, and Human Resources to ensure plans align with the strategic plan.
- Construction Management- Own and manage Systems, training, and qualifications of plant resources in construction management. In conjunction with engineering resources, select appropriate construction management approaches for major construction projects.
- Manage Equipment standards, specifications, Factory Acceptance testing protocol and commissioning protocol for projects. Coach engineering resources and project startup leaders to meet criteria for equipment shipment & commissioning criteria.
- Technical and Project Management Standards: Develop standards and practices for capital project delivery and for process and packing technologies as part of Director of Engineering efforts in these areas.
- Manufacturing Technologies Responsibility: Maintain records of plant equipment including specifications, design rates, and constraints. Develop and maintain master plans to improve plant technologies, including making, packing, warehouse, facilities, utilities, and power and controls. Develop solutions with plant personnel to eliminate chronic losses in equipment and operating practices. Lead processes for technical documentation.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES
- Food or Beverage industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge on USDA and FDA Regulations is a must
- Proficiency in designing and maintaining automation equipment and systems
- Proficiency in CAD software (AutoCAD, Solid Works, or equivalent)
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and perform complex system testing
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge and Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience in electrical, engineering, mechanical engineering, controls, or similar field 5+ years of plant leadership and engineering experience is required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with project/program management
- Experience with PLCs, HMIs, and robotics
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail