Plant ManagerJob ID: 7428 Save Job
Our client is a American company and global leader that designs and builds cargo management equipment. They are a public company founded over 100 years ago. They are recognized for the highest quality products. Due to extreme growth, they are hiring a Plant Manager position reporting to a VP of Operations. The Plant Manager will lead this mega site growth and expansion in Monclova, Coahuila Mexico. The idela candidate must come from the heavy equipment or automotive OEM
and direct all production related activities in the manufacturing of cargo management equipment and other subcomponents, which meet all industry requirements, customer specifications and company’s engineering standards. The Plant Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all management and employees follow company’s safety, quality, and company service goal, while oversees plant location to ensure company initiatives, procedures, processes, and programs are implemented and followed by personnel. Ensures that plant operates within budget and achieves targeted revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish plant wide goals and develops plans for continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
- Provide input to VP of Operations, President/CEO and support staff on matters of strategic planning.
- Oversee approved plant capital spending.
- Coordinate and communicate manufacturing schedules and issues with other departments which are impacted.
- Provide leadership and collaboration with all production support functions such as Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities/Maintenance, Jigs & Fixtures, Lean, Quality and Safety.
- Provide facilities, tools, equipment, and training for employees to perform work in a hazard, free environment which meets all internal and external safety requirements.
- Assure all safety incidents are addressed and properly investigated.
- Ensure all products produced and shipped meet customer and industry specifications.
- Provide processes manpower and other resources to enhance current quality system.
- Ensure cargo equipment fabrication (cleaning, coating/paint) activities meet industry requirements, safety and quality standards, customer demands, and production targets.
- Review and assesses the plant operation, workload, scheduled car flow and back log hours and ensure that location assets (e.g., people, processes, materials, measures, equipment, and conditions) are in place to meet efficiencies, productivity, and company goals.
- Provide oversight / supervision to managers and supervisors responsible for manufacturing of railcars, cleaning, paint, inspection, customer service, quality assurance and other office support functions.
- Define and communicate the responsibilities, authorities, expectations, and accountabilities to direct reports and other personnel.
- Champion’s the company Lean Transformation initiative and commitment to becoming a World Class manufacturer.
- Meet with managers, supervisors, and department heads to review workload, product status, and action steps needed to meet departmental goals
- Enforce plant targets and goals regarding staffing, training, safety, quality, equipment, tools, materials, production, and other key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Review plant operating reports, performance metrics, and other KPIs daily and / or weekly and assists in establishing action plans or adjustments to address / correct any deficiencies.
- Review daily reports to monitor railcar maintenance service efficiencies, utilization, through- out, and cycle times to achieve operational goals.
- Will supervise VS Manager, Scheduling Manager, Production Manager and Paint Manager
An employee in this position should have the following education/certifications, work experience, and skill set:
Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Management, Engineering, or similar field.
- 10 years minimum of progressive management experience in plant operations for a large industrial production or manufacturing facility (1000+ employees) recognized for manufacturing excellence. Ideally experience as a Plant Manager, Director of Manufacturing, Dierctor of Operations or similar.
- Must have solid experience in heavy equipment, train / locomotive or automotive assembly / automotive OEM manufacturer.
- Track record making significant improvements in operations excellence (safety, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, profitable growth) in a challenging industrial environment.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge required
- Industry knowledge of AAR and FRA rules, and Tank Car Maintenance Regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements (e.g., AAR MSRP, M-1002, Section C, Part III, HM201) preferred; Knowledge of FRA regulations, preferred.
- Leadership capability to develop and execute a strategy for the operation, align supervisors/employees to it and drive implementation to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ability to listen to and influence the company management team to take the actions required to meet the vision and strategy for plant operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate across levels and functions to create alignment for our initiatives.
- Confidence and positive track record making difficult and complex decisions related plant operations.
- Capability to develop teams to implement strategic initiatives and continuous improvement.
- High integrity and competency which fosters the highest level within the operations.
- Ability to manage large diverse teams to ensure work processes and operations meet or exceed all requirements and business goals.
- Ability to inspect, identify, and verify that plant operations and processes are implemented, performed, and completed in compliance to Industry, Company, and Customer requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting reports (financial statements, P&L reports) to determine areas needing cost reduction or improved profitability.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with strong expertise in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.