Sr. Director of Finance – MexicoJob ID: 7858 Save Job
We have been retained by a global technology and manufacturing leader in thermal products to find a Senior Director of Finance to lead a transformation of their largest site in a three-plant campus with nearly 1,700 employees in Queretaro, Mexico. Our client provides world-class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling their customers to thrive. They are making a positive impact every day as their solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. They have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Their corporate values guide them uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility. Today, there are 13 manufacturing facilities and 178 sales offices across the globe with over 5,000 employees worldwide.
The Sr. Director of Finance is responsible for guiding and overseeing all financial activities of our Mexico operations and providing vision and leadership for all aspects of the Mexico operations finance team. Key responsibilities include managing the Mexico Operations Controlling, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting and Financial Reporting teams. It also involves overseeing Americas Shared Services, which includes Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable, as well as ensuring compliance with financial, risk, and statutory requirements. Additionally, this position handles budgeting, financial analysis, indirect reporting on Mexico tax, and all financial aspects of the company’s strategy, policies, objectives, and initiatives in Mexico. A significant part of this role is to foster proactive financial understanding and decision-making across our Mexico operations and to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) that provide both current and forward-looking insights into business performance. This position will be a critical business partner to the Mexico VP of Operations and the entire Mexico Operations team. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer based at corporate headquarters in the USA. A passion for manufacturing is a must.
• Establish a financial strategy and vision to achieve enterprise goals for Mexico.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget and ongoing proactive forecasting.
• Develops clear and effective local financial reporting and gives operations the insights to measure and align actions to maximize financial performance and sustainability of operations.
• Develop a Controller team that is proactive in giving operations the necessary business insights, performance drivers and product profitability that is clear and actionable. Leads with conviction, courage and drive for results. Challenge the team to make the best business decision possible and have courage to challenge the status quo.
• Steward and driver of effective Working Capital management and companies’ assets in Mexico. This would include educating the local team on their impact and role in delivering the needed results.
• Development of a Shared Services model that can support various financial functions across the company.
• Ensure the continuing implementation and improvement of the financial operating model in direct support of planning goals, strategies, tactics, and operations.
• Align financial KPI performance measures to ensure performance improvement, achievement of strategy and process consistency.
• Oversee the design, deployment, and orientation of companies’ financial policies, controls, and practices.
• Identify changes and trends in Mexico statutory financial / tax laws and proactively leverage capabilities to capitalize on those trends.
• Ensure company has (internal or through network) skilled and effective financial / tax resources with appropriate mastery in applicable areas.
• Ensure timely and accurate reports to compliance agencies, company auditors and other external partners.
• Implement appropriate system of processes, policies, internal controls, financial / accounting standards, and procedures. Ensure the finance area has embraced best practices in processes and effectively manages cost to operate at or below finance global benchmarks. This also includes embracing the go-live of our next generation ERP (Oracle Fusion).
• Ensure effective and timely communication of critical Mexico financial matters to the Executive Team
• Serve as a member of the Mexico executive leadership team.
• Provide business leaders with visibility to major financial operational trends and their implication on the business and vision. Drive for results.
• Develop strong relationships and provide effective communication, prioritization, and alignment across the business and functions.
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships with outside service providers to maximize functional alignment and effectiveness.
• Communicate strategy, goals and results to team members and business leadership
• Develop a Controller team that is proactive in giving operations the necessary business insights that are clear and actionable. This includes having courage to challenge in order to drive results.
• Develop talent and fosters an environment of lean thinking and continuous improvement
• Provide visibility for high potential talent as well as developing plans to grow younger up and coming talent.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Advanced degree (Masters / MBA) or bachelor’s degree and 15 or more years of experience
• CPA / CGMA certification preferred
• Previous experience as a Director of Finance or VP of Finance or similar.
• Strong manufacturing background, preferably in discrete high mix and low volume environments.
• Experience with both a full business profit center and Maquiladora / IMMEX, preferred.
• Mexico Statutory Compliance
• Mexico GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS
• Broad expertise in Manufacturing Financial Analysis and Planning, Budgeting, CAPEX.
• Solid experience with Product Costing and Standard Cost Accounting
• Financial Shared Services, preferred, but not mandatory.
• Working knowledge on Mexico income tax – preferred, but not mandatory
• Financial Business Systems – ERP, BI, RPA, AI, Power BI, EXCEL. Oracle fusion is preferred as the company is in the process of launching Oracle ERP/CRM. Prior ERP implementation experience is highly preferred.
• Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and Lean Accounting Experience preferred
• Experienced with project management
• The ideal candidate will have a solid backbone and courage with a mix of both tactical and strategic. Will be able to roll-up sleeves, think critically and be flexible and adaptable on their knees. Will be a strong empathetic leader, developer of people, an influencer with a left hand, a team player who is open to feedback.
• Fluent in English and Spanish. Prior experience abroad (outside of Mexico) is a plus.
What makes this attractive?
- The company has a rich history and just celebrated its 100-year anniversary. The company is well positioned for continual aggressive growth (both organic and through acquisitions) and prosperity for the future.
- The company culture is dynamic and attractive. They have developed the “Company Way” and use it as a guide for success.
- Solutions offering is robust and serves a wide variety of industries including semiconductor industry which is generating growth. Promote Product innovation.
- Clients are very loyal and stable.
- Executive leadership is supportive and has a great track record.
- Queretaro Facilities are air conditioned and are modern, clean, and inviting with a state of the art cafeteria.
- Strong focus on getting back to basics and building the foundation for continued significant growth over the next 5 years and Mexico is at the heart of that very aggressive growth.
- Able to grow abroad to USA, Europe and Asia and also grow one level above to CFO or other global roles.
- Queretaro is considered a safe area within Mexico and a very desirable place to live.