VP of Trading & Category ManagementJob ID: 7474 Save Job
At the intersection of Technology, Finance and Agriculture, Our client is revolutionizing the fresh produce industry by building trust and transparency in the produce supply chain.
We are looking for a passionate sales leader to help build a world-class team. This role will directly impact the way The Company plans on disrupting trade in the fresh produce marketplace. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of sales leadership skills, strategic planning and data-driven execution, yet be comfortable getting hands dirty wherever needed.
As a Sales and business leader, you will need to build and manage two teams, a Category Management team and a produce sales trading team. We expect you to effectively develop, motivate and lead through inspiration, mentorship, and a “results-driven” approach. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the two teams as well as the marketplace performance. This will require you to develop new sales tactics, and effectively collaborate with other functions to drive performance.
This role will require an acumen for executing in a B2B marketplace where digital trade, building a B2B brand, and an understanding of growth techniques will be necessary to achieve aggressive growth goals. Applicants will need to have experience in global produce markets and working closely with the digital marketing and product teams.
The VP of Trading and Category Management will take an immediate leadership role within the company and report to the Chief Commercial Officer. This high-visibility position will require strong management and cross-functional skills but also a willingness to take a hands-on approach and build from the ground up where necessary.
- Manage the execution of the marketplace business plan and revenue goals
- Manage the cross functional execution of the marketplace strategy and operations
- Enable sellers and buyers to engage and transact in the marketplace
- Execute a growth roadmap by constantly striving to improve metrics interpreting data, analyzing trends and making recommendations
- Manage the sales team pipeline and sales forecast
- Develop key account acquisition strategy across marketplace segments
- Plan and execute go to market strategy for new products in new regions
- 10-15 years’ executive sales leadership
- Deep experience working with and selling to produce buyers
- Experience building a digital marketplace
- Experience selling in global markets
- Consistent success with both individual and team performance
- Demonstrated success in:
- Consistent sales team overachievement & performance
- Value Selling and individual sales skills
- Mentoring and coaching
- building a high-performance sales team
- scaling in a hyper growth environment
- building cross-functional trust and collaboration
- Strong ability to leverage data to drive focus, results, learning and strategy
- Produce experience
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish