General ManagerJob ID: 7414 Save Job
Growing electronic equipment manufacturer is seeking an experienced General Manager to plan, direct, and control activities of company operations in Reynosa, Mexico. Our client has a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility that produces mission-critical testing equipment for uninterruptable power supplies (UPS)— for a broad set of customers and is currently experiencing aggressive growth that will expand operations by 50%+ in the next 24 months and will need to identify a new site.
The General Manager will oversee a 125+ employee plant site that is experiencing aggressive growth. The General Manager will play a key role in redesigning the standalone organization and manufacturing process. Responsibility extends through all functions of the plant, including receiving, purchasing, operations, production, quality, engineering, maintenance, human resources, materials, IT and accounting. The General Manager reports to the CEO. The position is open to Mexico Payroll or U.S. payroll for those with legal U.S. work status.
Key Outcomes-Value Creation Plan:
1. OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP: Plan, direct and control activities of the Reynosa, MX facility
- Participates in the development, execution and communication of facility principles, policies, and objectives.
- Directs the operations of the Reynosa Manufacturing Facility.
- Directs the development and implementation of operating, manufacturing, and purchasing standards and goals
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization and provides for management development which will ensure the continuing effective management of the Operations.
- Participates and recommends the allocation of operations resources in a manner which will provide optimum efficiency and return-on-investment.
- Participates in establishing operations guidelines for annual operating and profit plans.
- Reviews and evaluates cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and performance to standards and takes action as necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Maintains appropriate communications within and between various plant and corporate functional areas to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Evaluates and responds to profit/loss statements, operation reports and performance records to ensure expected performance levels are achieved.
- Recruits, builds, and leads the team
- Partner with CEO and other members of leadership to develop strategy.
- Completes and performs other duties/tasks as may be assigned.
2. PROFESSIONALIZE THE BUSINESS: Best-in-class Manufacturing Operations Functions
- Create and execute carve-out plan, including specific details how functions will become “best-in-class”
- Navigate enterprise-wide IT transition, including implementation of a new ERP system
- Navigate facility move and design of manufacturing operations at new facility
- Standard operating procedures and process enabled by technology
- Identify Continuous Improvement Lean Initiatives.
3. CUSTOMER RETENTION: Achieve 95% retention rate at same or better economics
- Net promoter score >80
- Effectively communicate any issues
- Feedback loops to gauge customer satisfaction
Candidate Experience and Requirements:
- Experience with electrical equipment and controls manufacturing (i.e. backup power infrastructure, transfer switches/switch gear, power testing) is desired.
- 7+ years’ experience as a General Manager or Director of Operations or similar, preferably in electronic equipment and controls manufacturing electrical equipment and controls manufacturing (i.e. backup power infrastructure, transfer switches/switch gear, or power testing).
- Start-up, ramp-up and production transfer experience is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Mexico manufacturing operations and Mexico government relations is highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of management and operating principles including lean manufacturing learned through experience/specific training.
- Highly focused on and actively leads daily operations activities leading to excellent levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to scale organization and improve operations functions. Able to lead aggressive growth and possible multi-sites.
- History of onboarding significant customer growth
- Ability to oversee implementation of new systems, including ERP systems and create automated management reports in a real-time environment.
- History of building “best-in-class” process
- History of building teams and able to work in a team environment
- History of retaining customer through various contract cycles
- Able to implement Net Promoter Score and feedback look.
- Ability to promote joint action and communication to achieve results between functions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Promote continuous improvement effort
- Authentic, comfortable in field to drive change
- High EQ combined with excellent team building and leadership skills
- Solid business acumen and understanding of a P&L
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or equivalent experience.