Associate Director of Facilities & MaintenanceJob ID: 7499 Save Job
Our client is looking for an Associate Director, Facilities & Maintenance for their composites manufacturing facility in Riverside, CA. Our client is a publicly traded company and one of the most well respected top global leaders in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the aerospace and defense industry. Our client has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Associate Director of Facilities and Maintenance plans, designs, and reconfigures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization’s facilities. Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company, or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance. Leads salaried and bargaining unit employees. May supervise employees or outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings, and equipment via one or more of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, air-conditioning, heating, painting, and/or general maintenance. Coordinates property control activities to ensure continual accountability of government, associate contractor, or company property in accordance with applicable government regulations or corporate policy.
Conducts property audits; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability; develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy; and prepares periodic and special purpose reports relative to such matters as taxes, rentals and leasing, insurance, facility usage, etc. Arranges disposal of obsolete or no-longer-required material or equipment.
This role owns the execution of short-medium term plans and strategy for the Facilities and production equipment maintenance organization within the site. They are expected to respond to difficult and complex issues related to their site, coordinate with Senior Leaders and other stake holders to drive significant process and systems improvements.
This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role with significant interactions and coordination with Programs, Riverside Operations, Engineering, IT, and Union Partners. This role focuses on achieving targets in Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics through improved availability of site and equipment. The site facilities leader will also be the representative of ASG and COMPANY level working groups focused on facilities standardization and harmonization.
- Set strategic direction, plan, and execute short to medium term strategies and projects (up to 5 years) for facilities across the site.
- Manage the Leadership Development Review (LDR) process for the site facilities organization in collaboration with matrix managers, including hiring, talent development and succession planning.
- Ensure governance and compliance through adherence to company rules, policies, guidelines, audits for the site.
- Establish leading key performance indicators associated with site and equipment performance and reports and oversee corrective and preventive countermeasures aligned with QCPC processes.
- Engage and collaborate on Facilities projects and initiatives across the ASG organization.
- Influence and foster cross functional collaboration across the ASG facilities organization.
- Participate in Facilities Leaders forums and GMTs focused on ASG Maintenance Functional LDR, Governance and Career Roadmap.
- Manage and engage in key projects, including product transfers, new product introductions, business systems applications and other transformation activity at the site.
- Develop and execute a transformation plan for the facilities organization focused on process capability and employee training.
- Develop and manage the annual Facilities budget and Capital plan for the site
- A Technical University degree with 12+ years of relevant experience / Advanced degree with 10+ years of relevant experience, In the absence of a degree, 16 years or relevant experience required.
- Managerial experience in facilities and maintenance, or a related field.
- Experience managing vendors and tradesmen.
- Experience leading Facilities and production equipment / machine maintenance at a large, complex manufacturing facility.
- Some knowledge of budgets and CAPEX
- Above average project management experience
- Experience working in a lean or Continuous Improvement environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills and written and verbal communications.
- Excellent leadership and possess empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations to Senior Leaders
- Civil Engineering, Facilities or Engineering Management, or Engineering degrees (like Mechanical or electrical engineering) preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) qualification
- Experience working successfully with a union represented workforce is highly desired
- SAP Systems (maintenance module) and process experience
- Experience implementing Computer Maintenance Management Systems
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Results oriented, with a strong bias for action and results
- Experience building teams in a fast-paced work environment
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Legal US work status is required
Key Success Factors:
- Foster teamwork and collaboration
- Outstanding leadership and communication
- Instilling trust and Empowering Others
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Business Acumen with focus on facilities management and operations???????