Chief Operating OfficerJob ID: 7467 Save Job
Our client is a serial entrepreneur who has successfully built and scaled multiple companies. He has several awards and has been recognized amongst the nation’s top 40 under 40. His next venture combines his expertise in building/scaling businesses with the validated business model of a very successful franchise in the automotive services space that has been disrupting its industry vertical.
The Company has retained our firm to find their new Chief Operations Officer. The mission of the COO is to become the “Integrator” and right-hand person to the CEO who functions as the “visionary”. The COO will be leading the team (Operations, HR, Sales, Customer Support, etc.) through a period of hypergrowth and will have full P&L responsibility.
- Design the right strategy to execute the operational business plan. Help build and scale the company in accordance with the seven-year goal.
- Build a winning team. Hire and coach key employees to create a high performing team that will enable the company to scale
- Lead all new-store launch projects making sure that the right people are hired for the right roles and have been properly trained.
- Develop and implement smart KPIs that will enable the leadership team to have full visibility, monitor the operational and financial health of the business, and keep track of the key metrics on a per store basis.
- Manage the relationship with the Franchise Corporate Operations team.
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Top Performer mindset. Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve the goal and win.
- Great problem solver. Highly resourceful, ingenious, and creative.
- “Player Coach” Leader. A “doer” that finds a way to get things done, then figures out how to do it better, then actually does it himself, to then coach others to do it.
- Strong communications skills. A great listener that can communicate the right message at the right time, and in way that is clearly understood by the target audience.
- Resilient and Adaptable (startup mindset). Able to thrive in a changing environment and manage crisis.
- Data driven without getting to a point of paralysis by analysis.
- The strongest sense of accountability. Not focused on the task but on WHY that task is important and needs to get done.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a hyper growth environment (i.e., startup or scale-up).
- Successful track record in operations leadership with a mix of strategic and tactical experience.
- Retail franchise chain and/or automotive services experience is a plus.
- Experience in Management consulting, private equity, or similar
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.