Commercial Director – BrazilJob ID: 7588 Save Job
We have been retained by a European leading global provider of automotive market intelligence to find their next Commercial Director who will drive sales and grow the company’s market share in Brazil. Our client delivers the world’s most complete, accurate and up-to-date insight on vehicles market activity, including daily transaction data for pricing, discounts and incentives, and market volumes data for vehicle sales and registrations. Our client’s knowledge is used by the automotive industry to manage their market activities. The position is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
To make our company a successful provider of information to the automotive industry and market in Brazil. To develop our market presence, to grow our customer base, to make us a commercial success in Brazil.
To work in collaboration with the Area Manager to provide strategic and operational leadership in Brazil to support the achievement of company corporate objectives.
To coach and lead the local Sales team to drive the commercial business forward and develop successful long-term business partnerships with clients.
Understand the needs of our customers and to satisfy them within the company’s capabilities framework. Consult our customers on the best way forward to achieve their requirements with the use of company products.
- To develop a clear strategy for new business sales growth in Brazil in line with the company’s business plan.
- To deliver increased sales, revenue and market share to all parts of the automotive marketplace: Automotive, Leasing, Finance and Banks, Retail and Digital Marketplace and Automotive Insurance.
- To review the capabilities of the existing local sales team, create development plans and focus on their development with regards to new solution sales and propositions aligned to consultative sales approach.
- To further develop the existing sales structure to optimize revenues and resources within the allocated market.
- To lead and coach the local Sales team (supervises one account manager and may hire additional, as needed to grow the market) and support the development of a sales-led culture where accountability for delivery against a sales budget becomes the norm.
- Identify quick wins within market to drive new business and implement analysis and response for key regional competition.
- To establish new market potential in line with the company’s regional growth plans including market analysis of sales potentials, development and implementation of sales plans and ensure effective strategic planning in line with expected “Return on Investment” targets.
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer on all company products, services and solutions is carried out within company guidelines to create a more effective sales platform in all agreed markets.
- To create and evolve the strategic market plan aligned to the core company strategy, focused on the development of new business across the four verticals whilst also sustaining and growing existing client business reflective of their needs.
- To provide clear and accurate forecasting of all renewal, new business, and growth opportunities for Brazil.
- Assist the Regional Director for Latin America to prepare annual budget for Brazil conforming to company budgeting process and policies.
- Provide direction and support to optimize market penetration in each sector. Ensure Regional sales infrastructure capable of driving new services and product success across the four market verticals.
- To ensure structures, processes and procedures are in place at both pre and post sales level to deliver customer satisfaction targets.
- The Commercial Director for Brazil reports to the Regional Director for Latin America.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University degree level or equivalent experience developed in related business area.
- 5 years automotive experience in (or selling to) automotive-OEM; retailer or TIER 1 OES/supplier or Automotive Leasing; experience as a Commercial Director, Sales Manager or similar is required.
- Product Planning, Pricing, Automotive Retail experience an advantage.
- International experience is an advantage.
- 3 years consultative/solutions B2B sales experience required.
- A successful sales background SAAS, software, or data and/or technical solutions or similar.
- Key national (large) account or global account management experience is a key requirement.
- A hunter with successful prospecting experience selling to C-suite/ executive management.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Highly developed presentation skills & motivational and confident personal style.
- Demonstrate high levels of commercial judgement.
- Able to seek out, identify, develop, manage & deliver new business opportunities; reciprocally able to articulate future propositional development opportunities into the Company.
- Competitive, self-starter, who is assertive and highly driven to succeed.
- Good math skills, literacy & PC proficiency, (particularly MS Office suite).
- Ability to form open bi-lateral relationships based on trust, integrity & respect at all levels of an organization (internal & client).
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Client Centricity – Believes that the client is at the center of all our efforts. Constantly focuses their energy on creating a positive experience at every stage of the client journey, to maximize service and solutions offering and to build long-lasting business partnerships. Bases operational decisions on Client and business needs.
Agility – Understands that the internal and external world is constantly changing, and continually strives to master own ability to learn, adapt and apply self to the changing environment without losing momentum or focus on the end goal.
Ownership – Seeks and takes responsibility for work issues and own self-development. Believes they have the power to make things happen.
Continuous Improvement – Constantly believes there is a better way and actively encourages self and others to seek and implement improvement across processes, systems, and themselves.
Commercial Awareness – Appreciation of the company’s commercial priorities operating within this framework, combined with a strong sense of clients’ business priorities
Management Skills – Motivates, inspires, and supports team to achieve shared goals coupled with belief that motivation and moral of team are critical. Also knows when to take control of situations and issue clear instructions and requirements.
Leadership – Develops direction and vision while aligning, motivating and inspiring people to achieve operational excellence.
Technical Skills – Excellent people and sales skills.
This position offers an excellent annual base salary plus additional quarterly commission and annual bonus based on performance. Full benefits are also offered.