Sr Cost AccountantJob ID: 7855 Save Job
The Senior Cost Accountant will support one large manufacturing site with multiple buildings in Tijuana, Mexico and reports to the Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Active participation in monthly closing, prepare journal entries, as well as reports necessary for support and analysis of results.
- Preparation of the analysis by volume produced and its impact on absorptions, derived from the mix of manufactured products.
- Ensure that financial information, operating results, and statistics are correctly presented on a monthly and annual basis.
- Analysis of manufacturing variances actuals against standards.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports, which allow measuring the progress and forecast of fixed and variable indirect expenses, as well as the cost of labor, against budget.
- Coordination and execution in the taking of physical inventories.
- Inspection and validation of cycle counting processes.
- Inspection and validation of fixed assets owned by the company.
- Ensure that the annual budget is prepared with correct and timely information by the different areas involved.
- Ensure that standard product costs have been calculated in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform yearly cost roll-ups and coordination with the staff of the Corporate Costing area.
- Review and analysis of inventory adjustments.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and any needed journal entries.
- Analysis of inventory obsolescence reserves.
- Coordination of plant and corporate communication meetings related to operating and financial results.
- Participation and validation of key performance indicators (KPIs) at the plant level.
- Participation and validation in cost saving and reduction projects proposed by the different areas of the company.
- Periodically review material structures (BOMs) for material usage and standard time of products (routings) with the highest demand.
Candidate Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in public accounting; Certified Public Accountant or related career like finance or industrial engineering and equivalent experience.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a similar position as Cost Accountant in manufacturing companies.
- Experience with variance analysis, cost roll-ups, standard cost analysis, inventory control and cycle counting.
- Experience with monthly financial reporting.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Proactive, self-directed person with a service attitude.
- Ideal candidate will be hands-on, detailed and precise with good influencing skills.
- Previous experience with “Lean Manufacturing” concepts.
- Able to make presentations to corporate in English.
- Intermediate-advanced Excel.
- English 85% Spoken & Written