ControllerJob ID: 7578 Save Job
Our client is a global company which provides innovative molded plastics manufacturing solutions to the healthcare, consumer package goods and light industrial markets. The site locations are internationally aligned with unmatched global reach in the industry. Their business model enables our client to operate leveraging a high degree of specialization, extensive capacities in end-to-end design, production and assembly, and first-class references in high-end manufacturing.
Summary of Role
The Controller will manage the Finance and Accounting Department for the Tijuana, Mexico manufacturing site. This individual will be responsible for budget management, monthly financial close, federal tax compliance, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, cost accounting, trade compliance, cash management including managing banking relationships as well as financial and risk management of the company. This position will be an active part of the site’s leadership team to ensure optimal operational performance. This position includes both managerial and tactical responsibilities. The position reports to the Medical Division Controller. This position has an opportunity for advancement and could take on additional responsibility based on performance and need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of the Tijuana Finance department (7 to 10 employees including Accounting Manager, Import/Export Manager and several staff accountants) for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, month-end close process, journal entries, accounting reconciliations, monthly financial statements and annual audits.
- Responsible for managing the annual budgeting process and reporting.
- Support Site leadership in understanding financial implications of operations, including interactive involvement with site KPI’s, driving profitability improvement and best in class working capital management.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Hire, train and maintain competent team members in each of the areas of responsibility
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty cash, employee expense reports, and cash controls.
- Oversee payroll processing including Tijuana payroll tax compliance. Quarterly and year-end payroll closing including any government required reports.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of billings, cash receipts, cash application, etc.
- Assist in the evaluation of all Capital Equipment requests, report on actual Capital Expenditures, and manage fixed asset accounting.
- Work with external service providers to ensure Mexican tax compliance and accurate and timely completion of all tax and customs returns.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that ensure the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and ad-hoc analysis.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in providing follow-up investigation, explanations and documentation of significant variances and/or management inquiries; report risk issues to the Corporate leadership team.
- Oversee inventory control and reconciliations and support standard costs of various product offerings and for month-end duties assigned to other team members.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- Ten years of hands-on accounting / finance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Five years progressively responsible managerial experience
- Proficient in Mexican Corporate Tax law and regulations; fiscal compliance. Value Added Tax knowledge.
- Experience in accounting for profit centers is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and Cost Accounting skills
- Familiar with US/MX Customs laws and regulations, and IMMEX program.
- Accounting system (ERP) experience highly preferred. IQMS and Workday Financial a plus
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Ethical with impeccable values.