Director of Human ResourcesJob ID: 7783 Save Job
Our client is a global leader in beauty and cosmetics. The company was founded nearly 40 years ago, has distinguished itself with groundbreaking product innovation, reimagined go-to-market strategies, and leading supply-chain dynamics. From humble and disruptive origins, the company was famous in its early years as the pioneer of compact palettes and gift sets and stands today as the largest privately held beauty company in North America. With a brand portfolio that includes many product brand leaders, products are sold in retail outlets including department, specialty, mass, drug, and food stores, in over 80,000 doors in 80 countries worldwide.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the Executive VP, Manufacturing with hard dotted line to Vice President of Human Resources USA and will be responsible to oversee all functions of HR for our Mexico manufacturing facility. This person must possess expert-level HR generalist knowledge and be well-equipped to direct and guide the HR team in areas of recruitment, payroll, employee relations, labor compliance, benefits administration, and performance reviews. The Director of Human Resources will provide both strategic and tactile support and guidance to the business ensuring that our teams are fully aware and trained in their HR legal obligations and responsibilities.
Essential Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Direct, guide, and manage the HR team consisting of HR functions related to recruitment, payroll administration, benefits administration, HR compliance, workers’ compensation, and general employee relations.
- Work closely with the executive team to optimize work force and HR planning geared towards business decisions that focus on recruitment of top talent, and retention/development of existing talent.
- Present initiatives to the executive team that promote our Company as employer of choice ensuring alignment with the overall business objectives/corporate mission and values. Once approved, then plan and meticulously execute those initiatives.
- Work with the executive team to establish appropriate HR polices and HR programs that foster a healthy and productive work environment to boost employee engagement and productivity.
- Provide expert-level advice and direction to managers on all personnel related matters compliant with Federal and State labor laws.
- Guide and coach management on organizational structure, staffing needs, career development opportunities, succession planning, and performance plans.
- Facilitate the recruitment of top talent by overseeing our recruitment practices, partnering with our hiring managers to identify the most qualified candidates, and ensuring that our recruitment practices are best in class.
- Manage and coach management on our full-cycle performance review plan consisting of three cycles per year: Goal Setting, and Year-End Reviews.
- Work closely with the EVP, Manufacturing and the VP of HR at corporate to manage and process annual bonus program.
- Communicate to employees corporate wide changes/updates to ensure all employees are knowledgeable.
- Conduct companywide town halls by presenting HR-related updates to all employees and addressing their questions and concerns.
- Manage and optimize our benefits programs to include health, retirement, and insurance. Implement best in class practices to fulfill cost effective measures all while ensuring competitiveness with coverage and service.
- Constantly remain up to date with IMSS (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) benefit programs, manage internal and external annual audits, and reporting and compliance requirements.
- Oversee payroll activities
- Proactively manage all employee relations by implementing employee training and best- in-class HR practices that mitigate risks associated with employment practices.
- Facilitate and manage corporate events including employee events, celebrations, and Annual Budget Meetings.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Human Resources Director level role or Senior HR Manager role overseeing/managing general HR functions.
- Experience managing Human Resources in a manufacturing environment. Prefer previous HR oversight for corporate offices, fulfillment center, as well as manufacturing facilities.
- Experience working with C-suite leadership and managing executive communications.
- HRIS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin (Chinese) effectively and clearly is highly preferred. Spanish and English fluency, both written and verbal communications.
- Must possess expert knowledge Mexico labor law and all local laws.
- Excellent communicator with ability to provide expert-level advice and coaching to the management and executive level teams.
- Excellent presenter and ability to convey messages through data and analytics.
- Ability to motivate a team, set the vision, drive the agenda, empower the team, and review work product to deliver a high-volume of high-quality work that exceeds expectations.
- Strong ability to collaborate with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goals.
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.