Operational Excellence ManagerJob ID: 7404 Save Job
Our client, a worldwide leader on electronic consumer good products, is seeking a Operational Excellence Manager to lead these initiatives in their manufacturing plant in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico.
This position will create an impact by leading the development and implementation of Operational Excellence strategies in the Manufacturing Plant, designed to create the operational framework to meet or exceed the short- and long-term business goals. And, by driving a culture of change and continuous process improvement across all the functions of the site by ensuring the application of change enabling disciplines such as: Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management and Project Management.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of short- and long-term Operational Excellence strategies for the Tijuana plant.
- Act as a key coaching resource to the site leadership team to embed tools to drive performance improvement and to track progress against key Operational Excellence metrics.
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective Tiered Management System to standardize operational leading and lagging KPIs and accountability cadence.
- Partner with Operations, Quality and Engineering to develop and deploy operational efficiency tools that will help drive productivity and simplify our manufacturing processes.
- Plan and execute Change Enabling Disciplines training strategies: Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management and Project Management.
- Lead the productivity and continuous improvement project backlog (Waste Elimination Pipeline).
- Support the Business Continuity Planning process by deploying change enabling tools to improve its efficacy.
- Ensure the use of standardized structured problem-solving tools to resolve complex and pernicious problems.
- Supervises the Tijuana Operational Excellence central office.
- Supervises the Tijuana Internal Communications office.
- Ensures the standardization and adequacy of resources of the Industrial Engineering (Operational Excellence engineers) functions.
- Support the Enterprise Excellence office on developing and executing company-wide continuous improvement strategies.
- Bachelor’s in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent).
- Proven experience leading the development and implementation of Operational Excellence strategies for the manufacturing site(s).
- Proven experience implementing Change Enabling Disciplines, such as: Lean, Agile, Change Management & Project Management.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization with process change agent mentality.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control concepts, data analysis, diagnostic tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Effective internal consulting skills with all levels of management.
- Agile certification by accredited trainer.
- 5+ years industry related experience in Agile management.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating teams and groups in lean, six sigma and process improvements.
- Working knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Mini-Tab, SPC-XL or other statistical analysis software and Microsoft Project.