Process Engineer (Ceramic Chip Capacitors)Job ID: 7837 Save Job
Barbachano International has been retained by our client, a growing company based in California that has over twenty-five years’ experience specializing in the design and manufacture of high-quality RF & Microwave ceramic chip capacitors, inductors and integrated passives (passive electronic components). As a result of growth, they currently seek a Front-End Process Engineer for their site in Tijuana, BC Mexico. Our client is a global leader in the production of high frequency ceramic solutions through optimization of ceramics, inks, and RF circuit designs.
The Front-End Process Engineer will be responsible for the front-end process engineering duties for the Tijuana, BC Mexico plant in the areas of Mixing, Casting, and Screening in the manufacturing of ceramic capacitors. The individual must have or acquire a detailed knowledge of each front-end process and apply critical thinking to solve manufacturing problems and maintain a smooth workflow. The candidate must be able to provide technical and manufacturing leadership to both the Engineering and Production personnel in the areas. The individual will be expected to achieve goal metrics for yield in each process step leading to an improved on-time delivery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential functions are as follows:
- Take ownership of department performance and optimize yields
- Develop and implement control methods for critical process steps
- Create and organize multi-functional teams of Process Engineers, Quality personnel, and Operators
- Create and execute Design of Experiments (DOE) and report experimental results
- Author specifications and procedures and train personnel in their use
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to clean room standards.
- Additional or different functions may be assigned to the employee at any time
- May be asked to supervise the work assignments and monitor the progress of other members of the Engineering staff in the factory
Responsibility For Confidentiality:
- Process/Trade secrets must be kept to the fullest of confidentiality
- This job requires working in a clean room manufacturing/production environment wearing appropriate clean room attire
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to do the following:
- Perform a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Plan work assignments and create schedules to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Must independently apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues
- Required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear
- Must be able to describe complex issues in written and oral form
- Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on complex issues
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work:
This is a full-time position. Forty-eight or more (48+) hours within a workweek.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering (Ceramics, Materials / Materials Science, Chemical) May consider Industrial engineering if the candidate has hands on experience with ceramic capacitors.
- Experience in a laboratory or similar.
- 3-5 years minimum experience working as a Process Engineer in support of medium to high volume manufacturing while making substantial improvements to Yield and Quality. If the candidate has a bachelor’s degree in material science or Ceramics, will consider having less experience as a process engineer.
- Experience with passive electronic components or similar is required.
- Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Proficient in English 70% and fluent in Spanish.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS in Engineering (Ceramics, Materials, Chemical, etc.)
- Experience with Ceramic capacitors is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have good problem-solving skills and analytical skills.