Quality ManagerJob ID: 7363 Save Job
Our client has over twenty-five years’ experience specializing in the design and manufacture of high-quality RF & Microwave ceramic chip capacitors, inductors and integrated passives. Our client is global leader in the production of high frequency ceramic solutions through optimization of ceramics, inks, and RF circuit designs.
The site Quality Engineering Manager reports to the corporate director of quality and on a dotted line to the plant manager. Responsible for the entire site's quality functions, including:
- Customer quality engineering, "CQE".
- Supplier quality engineering, "SQE."
- Manufacturing quality engineering, "MQE".
- Failure analysis and reliability engineering, "FAE/Rel".
- Quality management systems and document control "QMS".
- Lead customers' visits and audits. Encourage customer satisfaction initiatives by driving corrective action and decreasing customer returns. Monitor customers' metrics: RMA, Corrective Action response time, 8D’s, and DPPM. When the occasion calls for it, pay a visit to a customer.
- Provide support and guidance to the supplier quality engineer on on-going supplier evaluation, monitoring, improvements, and the company-wide approved supplier list. Proactive concepts such as ship to stock and electronic data should be promoted in order to proactively monitor suppliers on critical parameters and processes.
- Manage quality engineers for manufacturing process controls, including the use of modern quality systems: SPC, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, OCAPs, Measurement Systems Analysis. Provide guidance and assistance to the material review board (MRB) for nonconformance products. Promote 8D methodology for problem solving. Create continual improvement plans to drive demanding yield targets and KPI’s with cross-functional teams (design engineering, process engineering, test engineering, and manufacturing).
- Manage failure analysis engineer to address process and product level defects. Encourage cross-functional collaboration with engineering and manufacturing on identifying defects and initiating improvement plans.
- Manage the Hi-Reliability department on product and process qualifications. Develop and improve the department's effectiveness and efficiencies in testing and capacity. Assist the department head with qualification reports, FAIRs, certifications, and other industry or customer needs.
- Manage quality management systems (QMS), including environmental management systems (EMS). Promote cross-functional internal auditors and execute systems-level audits. maintainer company’s certifications of ISO-9001, AS9100, IATF 16949, and ISO-14001.
- Work with an external registrar to improve audit efficiencies and reporting. Manage and enhance company documentation systems and promote paperless concepts.
- Manage the metrology department for on-time equipment calibration. Drive precision and efficiency. Maintain external body certification, including NIST, ISO, and other international instruments standards.
- Minimum of 4 years university degree in electrical engineering, or material science engineering, or chemical engineering. Master level degree is a plus.
- 5 years of leadership experience in a high-volume manufacturing sector as a quality manager but will consider an engineering manager with quality experience.
- Highly prefer work experience in Mexico.
- Experience in ceramic or semiconductor industries are a plus.
- Experience in mentoring and developing engineers and technicians.
Industry Quality/Environmental Management Systems Experience:
- ISO 9001, AS9100, IATF 16949, and ISO-14001 are all recognized standards. Experience in AS9100 or IATF16949 QMS is preferred. Certification in these areas as a lead auditor is a plus.
Industry Tools, Knowledge, or Experience:
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, certified quality engineer ("CQE") or certified quality manager ("CQM").
- This function can demand domestic and international travel of up to 10%.
- Proficient in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
- Must have good organizational and project management skills.