Sr. Engineering ManagerJob ID: 7468 Save Job
The Senior Engineering Department Manager – Tijuana Plant is a senior role responsible for strategic leadership of the Engineering function at the company’s largest manufacturing facility globally. The Senior Engineering Department Manager will be responsible for the leadership and development of a team of manufacturing engineers and technicians to support the achievement of key operational, quality assurance, health and safety, and cost optimization goals of the Tijuana manufacturing plant. The position will have functional ownership of all manufacturing equipment, systems, and processes at the plant and will continuously monitor and assess performance and implement corrective actions as required to meet defined targets. In the initial period, the position will focus on the management and execution of major capital projects (equipment and machinery and other capital assets) and operational improvements necessary to continue transformation of the facility into a modern, efficient, world-class operation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 10+ years’ overall experience in managing/supervising technical/engineering programs and capital budget management. Strong CAPEX background including manufacturing and ancillary equipment purchasing, relocation, upgrade, installation of equipment and machinery).
- 5+ years’ experience as an Engineering Manager or similar in manufacturing; plastics processing experience a plus. Will consider experience in medical devices, automotive or similar regulated industries.
- Project Management skills and experience that enable delivery of time-pressured projects to meet all schedule, budget, operational, quality, and health & safety targets
- Competent knowledge and experience managing the implementation of process automation, controls systems, and network-connected instrumentation
- Familiarity with Financial controls and understands impact of decisions on P&L and Working Capital. Budget elaboration and control.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.), and some workable knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solid works), MRP systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistical and engineering techniques and tools such as SPC, DOE, FMEA, TPM, JIT, Coaching Kata, SMED, etc.
- Experience implementing preventative maintenance and risk-based maintenance systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s degree or P/C. Engineering preferred
- Able to multitask (multiple, concurrent projects) and work cross-functionally with different internal and external constituencies
- Powerful sense of ownership, initiative, and proactivity to move projects forward to completion. Not afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and pitch in to get tasks accomplished
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and people skills
- Comfortable in a fluid, fast paced environment with a developing scope and focus.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English. Strong written and oral communication skills in English required for internal / external reporting and communication.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel required for management meetings, site and vendor visits