Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations (Trilingual – Chinese)Job ID: 7784 Save Job
Our client is a global leader in beauty and cosmetics. The company was founded nearly 40 years ago, has distinguished itself with groundbreaking product innovation, reimagined go-to-market strategies, and leading supply-chain dynamics. From humble and disruptive origins, the company was famous in its early years as the pioneer of compact palettes and gift sets and stands today as the largest privately held beauty company in North America. With a brand portfolio that includes many product brand leaders, products are sold in retail outlets including department, specialty, mass, drug, and food stores, in over 80,000 doors in 80 countries worldwide.
We are currently embarking on our next stage of growth by making investments to expand our international footprint as well as growing our direct-to-consumer e-commerce business. The beauty category is high-involvement, high-margin, and growing significantly both online and off. This is an exciting time to join a smart, passionate team and a profitable, fast-growing company to help shape its DTC strategy and impact the development and execution of a major piece of its long-term strategic growth plan.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Operations (Trilingual) Spanish, English, and Mandarin Chinese, who will report directly into the AVP of Manufacturing Operations. In conjunction with the AVP and Executive Vice President of Manufacturing Operations, this person will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensure ON-TIME delivery of the production plan with the right quality and cost. The incumbent will be a leader across all departments – production, production planning, production scheduling, inventory control, cost control, and work closely with the quality team, safety, environmental compliance, labor management, and maintenance. The ideal candidates are expected to be a results-driven leader with a passion for implementing and sustaining process improvements, the ability to think strategically, solve problems, lead teams, and drive quality in our factory. This is not a delegator or clipboard position; this person will need to be hands-on in the shop floor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day manufacturing operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Responsible to work with AVP and EVP for all production activities, plant operations, quality, and P/L.
- Lead to build up the company’s efficiency, competitiveness, and higher quality
- Assist with production cost estimates, present the budgets, and help to drive cost reduction efforts
- Under leadership’s direction, initiate and fulfill plans to upgrade manufacturing, improve quality, and lower costs
- Run LEAN operations, tighten material control, and trim labor and material waste
- Lead to reengineer manufacturing data base, strengthen production planning, and ship on-time
- Accountable to analyze, make recommendations, and drive processes to ensure on-time deliveries and fill rates
- Continue efforts to comply with requirements of FDA, GMP, ISO, EPA, etc. and assist with related audits
- Continue providing support in compliance of environment protection regulations and safety standards
- Building up management teams; recruiting, motivating, and evaluating
- Propose and fulfill annual plans of upgrading manufacturing improvement action plans
- With in-depth cosmetic knowledge and experience, upgrade our cosmetic manufacturing operation
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards
- Responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor and oversee day-to-day operations and trigger corrective actions as necessary
- Address employees’ issues or grievances
- Enable high levels of workforce engagement between production workers and front-line supervisors
- Build and develop talent within manufacturing to support organizational demand and future succession
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Communicate with senior management on tactics, progress, and strategies
- Communicate with senior management in the identification of key areas to utilize resources to drive waste elimination and reduce costs while increasing capacity
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
Minimum Qualifications Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Biology and/or Business Management, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience working within consumer products and/or CPG manufacturing plant at a manager-level or higher. Previous experience as an Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager, or Business Unit Manager, Senior Production Manager or similar.
- Cosmetic Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
- Proven managerial experience leading large teams
- Trilingual fluency in Spanish and English and able to communicate in Mandarin Chinese.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Great work ethic, exceptional organizational skills, and proactive communication: Must be organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at the same time to communicate, follow up on, and meet tight deadlines
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of production, safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and processes
- A well-rounded candidate will have proficiency in ERP, MRP, and Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook) systems and tools
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Relocation Support will be offered.