PMO – Project Management OfficeJob ID: 7537 Save Job
Our client is a leading growing global medical device company, growing organically and by acquiring competitors. They currently seek a Project Manager Office – PMO responsible for establishing and maintaining project management standards, supporting 3 to 4 project managers supervising and managing and coordinating projects and portfolios of projects aligned with the company’s strategy and objectives. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations. The position is based in a 200,000 square foot plant with over 1600 employees in Tijuana, BC Mexico.
Functions of the Position:
- Define tasks, required resources, and supervise the project team (3 to 4 Project Managers).
- Develops project plans, implementation programs, cost estimates for manufacturing transfer projects.
- Prepares and manages annual budgets and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Manages, coordinates and facilitates reengineering initiatives for process improvement.
- Provides strategic advice on the design and implementation of effective processes across the enterprise including analysis, redesign, reengineering and organizational effectiveness.
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of short- or long-term operational goals, objectives, policies and procedures; Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the program and the changes necessary for the improvement and fulfillment of the project.
- Regularly communicates to management on the status of project initiatives obtaining guidance and approval as needed to move forward with projects.
- Presents stakeholders with progress reports as well as problems and solutions.
- Evaluates the results of the project.
Responsibilities applicable to ISO Systems:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and compliance with the quality management system in accordance with the QM-0001 quality manual, and the national and international regulations that apply.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or similar position. Ideally Project Management or a combination of engineering and/or projects, Program Management or similar.
- Minimum 2+ years supervising a team of Project Managers or similar.
- Medical device expertise is preferred.
- Experience with production transfers, NPI, and/or product improvements.
- Project Management Tools.
- Software applied to Project Management (for example: MS Project or others).
- University degree in Engineering. (Industrial, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical, or similar).
- Bilingual: Excellent fluent English and Spanish.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Decision-making and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-term objectives.
- Ability to analyze, update operations, procedures, policies and develop and implement new strategies.
- Organized, able to oversee 3 to 5+ projects at a time.
- Assertive and with good influence skills and able to make presentations and convince corporate executive leaders including the CEO.
- Resilient, balanced, and able to satisfy multiple demanding bosses.